Rutgers 2023-2024 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, sciencewiz said:

What’s the chance they’re still sending out interview invites for July 18? I got an email saying I moved onto the next round of screening on on 6/5, but no interview invite yet. I think they sent a few later invites in early July last cycle?

When did you apply? I applied 6/2 and the only email I received from them said that my "verified by CASPA and is ready for review by the Admissions Committee" on 6/6. I'm worried I won't get an email about the next round of screening at this point...

I just emailed Betty to notify her that I completed prerequisites and to see if she is missing anything from my application at this time. I know I did not need to email her as CASPA automatically does it once transcripts are received still did it anyways. Hoping she lets me know something if/when she emails back. 

On 6/29/2023 at 10:33 PM, Lisa1 said:

Congratulations!!! Good luck with the interview hopefully you get a date soon enough 

Thank you Lisa! I hope so too. I hope that you also receive an interview invite because you are such a sweet person. Thank you for being happy for everyone. Praying that the interview invite comes for you too. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soybeans said:

Thank you Lisa! I hope so too. I hope that you also receive an interview invite because you are such a sweet person. Thank you for being happy for everyone. Praying that the interview invite comes for you too. 🙂

Thank you, fingers crossed

I received an interview invite on Thursday! I don't have a date yet. Did anyone who got invited on Thursday receive a date yet or are we all in the same boat? Also it didn't say in the email that I have to confirm but I did anyway, they have not responded but I guess that's expected.

7 minutes ago, Ckhari said:

I received an interview invite on Thursday! I don't have a date yet. Did anyone who got invited on Thursday receive a date yet or are we all in the same boat? Also it didn't say in the email that I have to confirm but I did anyway, they have not responded but I guess that's expected.

Congrats! When did you apply and what were your stats, if you don't mind sharing?

5 minutes ago, ninaprepa said:

Congrats! When did you apply and what were your stats, if you don't mind sharing?

Applied 6/1

Verified 6/5

Next round 6/15

Interview invite 6/29

CGPA 3.7

Science GPA 3.61

Patient care hours 2,200 (MA, PCT, EMT)

Healthcare Experience 2,600 (medical lab scientist)

Shadowing 20 (I made sure to say I work one on one with PAs at my current job so I am still kinda shadowing)

Volunteer hours I only listed 80 but over 1000 of my patient care hours are volunteer and I made sure to mention that in the description

I have a lot of leadership experience and extracurriculars and some teaching experience (non medical related). 

• Like 1

Guys!!! I got an interview invite about 40 minutes ago!! I’m super excited as this is my second time applying to Rutgers. 

for those of you with low GPAs do not lose hope because I am one of those people! Just be yourself and make sure you’re able to shine through your application!! 

Edited by Jules2307

11 minutes ago, Jules2307 said:

Guys!!! I got an interview invite about 40 minutes ago!! I’m super excited as this is my second time applying to Rutgers. 

for those of you with low GPAs do not lose hope because I am one of those people! Just be yourself and make sure you’re able to shine through your application!! 

Yay! Congrats! When did you apply and what was your GPA, if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, ninaprepa said:

Yay! Congrats! When did you apply and what was your GPA, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you!! 

applied 06/14

verified 06/19

next round 06/26

interview invite 07/07

CGPA ~3.2

science GPA ~3.2

patient care hours 6000+ (as an MA in a variety of specialties)

healthcare experience 2-3,000 (administrative side of being an MA)

shadowing (have tons of hours because I've worked alongside PAs directly but definitely over hundreds of hours)

volunteer 600+ (volunteered abroad in a psychiatric hospital)

It's my 3rd time applying to PA schools, so for those of you that are re-applicants please do not lose hope! It has been a VERY long journey for me but I think it's finally paying off! 

So stay positive!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 8:46 AM, Thisyearistheyear said:

Don't give up! I am on my 3rd application cycle. I faced a lot of rejections but am on the waitlist for 3 schools last cycle and already have some interviews this cycle.

I interviewed with Rutgers last year with some pretty low stats

Keep working hard and you'll get there 🙂

Hi friend I remember you! Good luck this cycle and I hope to see you next year as my underclassman 🙂

Edited by Ecaparoso

On 7/10/2023 at 9:29 AM, futurepa1813 said:

About how long did it take for people to receive the email their application was moved onto the next round of review? Or did anyone receive an interview invite without receiving that email? My application was received/verified by Rutgers on 06/21 so I am wondering if I should still have hope or not. 

It could honestly happen at any time there's no set time really. Last year I applied in July and didn't get the second round email until end of October. Don't lose hope!

1 hour ago, ninaprepa said:

Did anyone that apply from early June hear back with any updates? Does Rutgers also send out rejection letters?

I applied early May and haven’t heard anything since the next round email, I would assume they send out rejections if applicable