Hi All,

I have always been an "employed" PA and have had malpractice insurance provided by my employer. I am now taking a per diem position in which I will be a 1099 provider. I therefore need to get my own malpractice coverage. I'd love some feedback on your experience with the companies you've used. The AAPA recommendation is CM&F which is about $1600. Other companies that I've googled are around $1000 for the same limits of liability. Is CM&F better or just more expensive? Thanks!

Hello!

I currently own my own practice and have CM & F group. Premium about the same as your quote. So far has been pretty good, make sure you read the fine print on all the policies you are pricing out, as some have specific limitations/exclusions which may be relevant to your practice. My policy under CM & F group does not have any major exclusions that affect my practice after tediously reading all the fine print. Also covers telemedicine. I recommended taking the risk management CME course through AAPA which you can do that day and apply for coverage the next day, saves quite a bit of money and is quick to do.  Hope this helps!

Edited by Km10052
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 6:28 AM, traumajd said:

Hi All,

I have always been an "employed" PA and have had malpractice insurance provided by my employer. I am now taking a per diem position in which I will be a 1099 provider. I therefore need to get my own malpractice coverage. I'd love some feedback on your experience with the companies you've used. The AAPA recommendation is CM&F which is about $1600. Other companies that I've googled are around $1000 for the same limits of liability. Is CM&F better or just more expensive? Thanks!

some 1099 contracts will cover malpractice through the hospital. Mine does. Couldn't hurt to ask.