2022-2023 application cycle

Hi all, I was just accepted to the NJ campus, but it states in the letter that I still need 2 more prerequisites before enrolling. I was also accepted into two other programs, which require no further prerequisites. I'm a bit torn. Should I reach out to TJU to see if they'll waive those prerequisites? Or just choose from the other two. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, course90 said:

Hi all, I was just accepted to the NJ campus, but it states in the letter that I still need 2 more prerequisites before enrolling. I was also accepted into two other programs, which require no further prerequisites. I'm a bit torn. Should I reach out to TJU to see if they'll waive those prerequisites? Or just choose from the other two. Thanks!

Unlikely they will waive prerequisites. You can either complete them and accept the spot or withdraw and attend one of the other schools. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, xhskdv said:

Hi everyone, i applied and verified back in June. I havent heard anything back, but for everyone on the interview waitlist, did they inform of you guys this? 

Yes, they sent an email saying we were in the waitlists and if a spot opened up we would get an email notifying

On 10/10/2022 at 12:54 PM, course90 said:

Great news on getting accepted into other programs.

Waive prerequisites: Universities on occasion may wave tuition cost, but never waive prereqs as they’re typically a requirement by the accreditation program they’re affiliated with.

If the other programs are also PA programs, I’d strongly consider those as that would save time and money. If they both pertain to different programs (Non-PA), you should probably take a brief moment and decide what your career goals are before choosing either.

Either way, hope it all works out for you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FuturePASAlex said:

Great news on getting accepted into other programs.

Waive prerequisites: Universities on occasion may wave tuition cost, but never waive prereqs as they’re typically a requirement by the accreditation program they’re affiliated with.

If the other programs are also PA programs, I’d strongly consider those as that would save time and money. If they both pertain to different programs (Non-PA), you should probably take a brief moment and decide what your career goals are before choosing either.

Either way, hope it all works out for you.

I was actually hoping they'd be able to satisfy any additional course requirements, not necessarily a waive. I took all the required courses, just that one of them was a 2 credit master's course (instead of 3 credits) and I'm missing a lab for another course, which I took at a master's level too. I did email them and they said they'll look into it. The other two schools are both PA programs. One of the schools actually satisfied those requirements after I reached out. 

I was accepted to the east falls campus yesterday! I interviewed on 9/30 and it took a full two weeks to hear back. I feel like everyone else on here heard back super fast so I felt extremely discouraged but if you are still waiting, don’t give up!! 
I would also love to connect with other accepted students. Does anyone know if there is a group me or a Facebook group? Good luck to everyone applying!!