Eastern Virginia Medical School Interviews 2022

5 minutes ago, medic1210 said:

Haha. Listen, my man is on his fourth cycle. That’s determination. 

But I absolutely agree. I really want this acceptance. I’m fortunate I have another acceptance but I’d take EVMS. It keeps my family together rather than doing long distance. Plus EVMS has some features that really make it not necessarily better but different in a good way. 

Wow! That is the definition of determination and I KNOW his time will come soon! Fingers crossed for all of us still waiting, just one yes is all it takes!

Yes! EVMS definitely does stand out!

Edited by omprepa
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, omprepa said:

Hey now don't forget about the rest of us! Haha kidding! I do also want an acceptance very very very bad as well, just tryinggggg to keep calm and not over post 🙂  We all deserve this! We have all worked so so hard! It's just about when we get that one yes!!!

Totally agree with this! Definitely not trying to overpost myself. It’s my 4th cycle as well but 2nd for EVMS because I worked on my application significantly just for them. We all have our own stories and all bring something different. I truly think we’re all deserving since we made it as far into the process as we did. Just have to be patient and hope for the best. No news is also good news. Hang in there guys! 

4 minutes ago, PrePAdiddy20 said:

Totally agree with this! Definitely not trying to overpost myself. It’s my 4th cycle as well but 2nd for EVMS because I worked on my application significantly just for them. We all have our own stories and all bring something different. I truly think we’re all deserving since we made it as far into the process as we did. Just have to be patient and hope for the best. No news is also good news. Hang in there guys! 

Second for EVMS for me as well. Did everything to address their feedback from my first cycle. All the best!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, omprepa said:

Now that's another reason why EVMS stands out! 

Definitely felt the same! Some schools will just kind of give you a general response on the changes you need to make for your application. I'd be like "so what ways can I strengthen my application to be more competitive?" Then they would say "oh you're on the right track!" 😭😭😭 thanks!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JavonJ said:

Definitely felt the same! Some schools will just kind of give you a general response on the changes you need to make for your application. I'd be like "so what ways can I strengthen my application to be more competitive?" Then they would say "oh you're on the right track!" 😭😭😭 thanks!

Exactly!!! So true haha. Every school I've ever interviewed with has said exactly that! Every single time! 

It's so nice to know that EVMS really does care about our success!! 

Edited by omprepa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deepx1 said:

Anyone receive an acceptance email from EVMS yet? Wonder when they’ll be sending those out 

I did not get a call and have not received an email, purl hasn’t changed. I think we will either hear something Friday or it’s gonna be another week. But you never really know at this point. 

• Like 3

I interviewed with Professor Hampton and received a call from her Monday morning with my acceptance. My PURL officially changed last night and I was able to accept the offer. Once I accepted the offer a new tab appeared to submit my deposit. This morning when I woke up there were a few new tabs on my PURL for the background check, parking, and "Next Steps". Today I also received emails with information to start setting up my email and DUO factor. 

This was also my second time applying to EVMS. After I got the rejection email last year (I didn't get an interview), they offered a group video session with general tips to success. I attended this virtual meeting and got a ton of information about what specifically EVMS values, how they calculate the 3 different GPAs, and their general tips/advice. I then emailed the director of enrollment, who lead the virtual meeting, and asked for a one on one meeting. We met virtual and she pulled up my application and went through every part with me. She gave me feedback on things I did well, things to continue/maintain, and things to change/improve. We spent about 45 minutes together on the call. I was very impressed with how helpful they were and really felt like they wanted me to succeed and be apart of their program. 

Hoping for the best for those of you who haven't heard yet. Like someone else said, no news is still good news. Stay positive!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Deepx1 said:

UPDATE:

Reached out to the program, apparently they gave their acceptance calls Monday and Tuesday. And acceptance emails were sent out yesterday. So now waitlists will be sent out in the next weeks or so 

They said all 80 slots were accepted and paid? No second wave like they told us originally? That’s a bummer 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Swilliams2 said:

They said all 80 slots were accepted and paid? No second wave like they told us originally? That’s a bummer 

They didnt mention anything about all 80 slots being paid or second wave of acceptances. I didnt really ask them cause I got bummed hearing that acceptances were all sent out and all. 

If you want you or someone can reach out to them? At this point, it shouldnt make a difference if people call to confirm since they’ve made decisions and now have waitlists and all to send out

Edited by Deepx1
  • Like 1

Well that’s quite a kick in the teeth. 

All the best to those accepted and to those who interviewed and even those who applied without receiving an interview. Everyone should be proud. 

As for me, I’m going to move on from this weeks-long “fun” and get ready for my program starting in October. If anyone has questions about that program, shoot me a DM. Of course, if EVMS comes calling, I’d be thrilled. Otherwise, take care and don’t give up. 

Edited by medic1210
  • Like 1

So bummed to hear that all acceptances have already been sent out, but there is still the waitlist so I'm holding out some hope for you all! It's been so nice getting to talk to you all in this forum and being able to support each other! Regardless of acceptance, you all worked so hard for this and if this time wasn't your time, that's okay! It doesn't make you any less deserving, you all are exceptional and are going to be AMAZING PAs one day! The time will come! Best luck to all! 💗

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Deepx1 said:

Hoping that we hear some good news sometime this week! Manifesting the best for us that are waiting to hear back 🥹

So I have a few theories on when we will hear back now, if the 10 days for acceptance offers is august 1st (when they received there calls) the earliest we can hear back is august 10th, but if it’s the 3rd when people received there acceptance emails the 10 day mark is the 13th, which means we won’t hear back until the earliest which would be the 15th!! What do you all think? 

• Upvote 3