Eastern Virginia Medical School Interviews 2022

To those that got rejection emails - do not give up!! I had just sent in my applications for my third cycle when I received my interview invite here. Your time will come!! I was rejected from many schools. Back then wasn’t the right time for me. I’m glad I was accepted when I was 

Edited by Bow2022
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChuiBacons said:

Oh man. I haven't heard any news since I applied. Them opening the cycle late on caspa always confused my timeline. Anyone else waiting to hear back in general? 

Hey,  this forum is for cohort starting Jan 2023. Think if you just applied 21-22 cycle your applications won’t be reviewed until March 2023 for cohort graduating 2026. I believe they will start contacting you guys around June 23.  Also heads up it’s not rolling admissions so besides them letting you know they received your application and it’s complete, it’ll be radio silence til next June. Best of luck!! 

1 minute ago, szs153 said:

Hey,  this forum is for cohort starting Jan 2023. Think if you just applied 21-22 cycle your applications won’t be reviewed until March 2023 for cohort graduating 2026. I believe they will start contacting you guys around June 23.  Also heads up it’s not rolling admissions so besides them letting you know they received your application and it’s complete, it’ll be radio silence til next June. Best of luck!! 

Ah!! You see my confusion, haha. Thank you!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, patobe82 said:

Congratulations I can’t believe it was this fast!!! That’s awesome!! How do you know there still calling people? 

I don’t for sure know that they’re calling anyone else I just meant that because they just called me that it’s likely they’ll probably still call others. There’s still lots of space in the Facebook group so I wouldn’t be surprised if more people get pulled off the waitlist! 

• Like 2

For those rejected or if you don’t get removed from the waitlist, I implore you to keep going. First, give yourself grace for getting an interview, you have qualities the program likes and there’s just only so many spots. 

I was rejected no interview back in 20-21 cycle. EVMS holds a video call around the Fall for those who didn’t get in to let those folks know how to improve their application next time. Many don’t get in their first attempt. I was a 2X applicant and others I heard at my interview sessions were on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th time applying to EVMS. Wishing y’all the best! And I’m a message away if y’all have any questions

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 4:29 PM, Deepx1 said:

Thank you for the update!! Do you know if they were recently taken off waitlist or just joining after finding out about the group?

I honestly could not tell you. We’re well out of that 10 day acceptance period from the waitlist starting on august 17th so if I had to assume they’d be coming from the waitlist

• 1 month later...

hey everyone! i had to give up my seat as i have decided to attend a local program. for those on the waitlist, i hope my seat goes to one of y'all! as someone who has been on multiple waitlists during multiple cycles, keep grinding and never give up on what will make you happy 🙂 

• Like 3