Eastern Virginia Medical School Interviews 2022

35 minutes ago, gbusc said:

Hi everyone,

I’m late to the game to apply with this school due to technicalities, but EVMS has been on my list for a while! I just applied, and see everyone talking about acceptance already so I really hope there’s still hope lol.

So EVMS does not do rolling admissions and the 2021-2022 cycle has been closed since March this year. These acceptances are for that cycle. I’m thinking you must have applied to the next cycle, which means you won’t be hearing back until next year. I wish you all the best of luck though, hopefully you’ll be joining EVMS in the future! 😁

Edited by Rauschenbacam
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rauschenbacam said:

So EVMS does not do rolling admissions and the 2021-2022 cycle has been closed since March this year. These acceptances are for that cycle. I’m thinking you must have applied to the next cycle, which means you won’t be hearing back until next year. I wish you all the best of luck though, hopefully you’ll be joining EVMS in the future! 😁

Ahh thank you! Sorry this is my first cycle and I must’ve got my years mixed up (this was the only forum I saw)! Good to know they don’t do rolling admissions though. Thank you so much, and wishing success to you all! 🙂 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 7:09 AM, gbusc said:

Ahh thank you! Sorry this is my first cycle and I must’ve got my years mixed up (this was the only forum I saw)! Good to know they don’t do rolling admissions though. Thank you so much, and wishing success to you all! 🙂 

I believe someone has started a new forum for the next cycle. Definitely check that out if you haven't already! 😀

On 8/9/2022 at 7:09 AM, gbusc said:

If you have any questions, feel free to message me! I got accepted from this cycle and would love to help because there is quite a bit of stuff to account for when applying to EVMS. I was a 2X applicant with a low GPA so I learned a lot from that first rejection. Good luck on this current cycle!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ponds said:

If you have any questions, feel free to message me! I got accepted from this cycle and would love to help because there is quite a bit of stuff to account for when applying to EVMS. I was a 2X applicant with a low GPA so I learned a lot from that first rejection. Good luck on this current cycle!

Same! I'm here for anyone that has questions as well! Just shoot me a message anytime 😀

3 hours ago, patobe82 said:

Congratulations!!!! Yay so did he say anything about them calling people today? 

He didn’t mention anything other than what I needed to do. And I’m sorry but I was too hyped up to remember to ask anything else! I will say in previous years I’ve seen around 10 spots open up by January, so if waitlist emails come out this week, stay excited, stay positive, and stay hopeful! EVMS send acceptances early in the cycle and many applicants accept other offers and end up changing their mind about EVMS, so there is still opportunity!

• Like 2

Also got my waitlist email. I wonder how many people are waitlisted and i wish i knew what number? I don't want to spend all this money reapplying to other schools, which looks like that is what is happening since a lot of schools close September/October. I love everything about EVMS and I am trying to hold out hope, but it definitely stinks not knowing.

• Like 2

Congrats to all of us that got offered to be a part of the waitlist! As it sucks we didn’t get the acceptance, we also have another chance possibly to be a part of the class. Hope for nothing but the best! The wait game continues & hopefully we can get off the waitlist 😔

For those that got rejected, don’t let this bring you down! You guys got this & will definitely be the PAs you dreamt to be and worked hard to be. If not EVMS this year, then definitely this next cycle!! And good luck to the other schools you’ve applied to or plan to! 

• Like 2