2022-2023 APPLICATION CYCLE SCUHS

13 minutes ago, youke1 said:

I feel the same way during my interview-- The faculty at the beginning checking us in were all so nice and sweet, but the two people that interviewed me did not seem like they wanted to be there. I get having a "neutral" face, but it really seemed like they were miserable and were forced into doing interviews. They didn't seem so care about how I answered any of the questions at all, and it seemed like they asked a question, waited for me to answer, and moved on. In the middle of my interview, one of the faculty even SIGHED. Straight up sighed so loudly too. That kind of threw me off and didn't make me feel so good. Not one smile from either of them. I didn't feel welcomed at all by the staff interviewing me at all. 

DUDE YES. literally how I felt. I was looking at the time and could not wait for the interview to be over. With all the schools I’ve interviewed with, I think to myself “I can see myself going here, I hope I get in”. With this school I was contemplating leaving mid interview. I did not get good vibes at all. Some of the staff was so sweet don’t get me wrong, but I also feel like they were not all informed about the questions we’d ask and would kind of give us a very surface answer. This is just my opinion and my experience. Please no one let what I say sway their decision, I was just curious to see if anyone felt the same way I did. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, ERLC09 said:

I wonder if you and I had the same two people because that sounded a lot like how my interview with. One of them could not sit still and was like multitasking the entire time which made me believe that they didn’t want to be there or I was not interesting enough to them.

I think the hybrid format isn’t for everyone and I remember someone saying that they are keeping it hybrid because of current and past students experience/preference. 

I do agree that perhaps they are hyping up the extra curricular activities because  PA students are on campus for one day. Which is like hyping up apples against oranges. 

But I do hope the best for you and I hope you get into a program that fits best for you 🤗 

Yes she was multitasking the whole time and the times she was not she looked so tired and burnt out. Thank you so much for your kind words. I really hope you get into the program of your choice! 

During my interview I felt that they were both hard to read as well. It was a poker face through out my interview. I answered questions accordingly and felt good about my responses but got no reaction from either of them at all. It got to the point where I thought the computer screen froze haha. I answered one question and even made a small joke and still nothing. *Taps mic* Is this thing on? I assumed that they were told to not show interest or something. I left the interview feeling pretty good about my responses but as weeks have passed and not hearing anything, I've been picking a part my interview. Maybe I didn't stand out enough, maybe I was too boring and that's why I got no reactions from them. Regardless, I'm glad I'm not the only one that had this experience. I'm still trying to stay hopeful because I really want to get into a program this cycle.

• Upvote 1

I had man and a woman interviewing me, the man didn’t not give any reactions and barely answered my question at the end, but the woman was nice and would make few jokes here and there, at the end of my interview she gave me the biggest compliment. But the guy nothing no reaction kept a straight face throughout the whole interview. I still haven’t heard back from them. I’m very confused honestly but hoping for the best 🤷‍♀️

On 3/1/2023 at 4:30 PM, Kiki2202 said:

Felt like one of my interviewers was so sweet, the other was like getting up sitting down and like would not crack a smile. I also feel like their facilities were really out dated and did not look clean at all. I also feel that instead of talking about the program itself, staff chose to talk about all the extra curricular activities they had as a way to entice us wanting to go there. The hybrid format also rubbed me the wrong way. Like I would understand having us come like 3 days a week instead of 5 but having it be only 1 day a week for anatomy lab just didn’t sit right with me. We’re going to be healthcare professionals, how is it justified to only meet once a week? Lol idk I don’t think this school is the right fit for me but I do wish everyone else luck!

I know someone who just recently graduated from the program and they said the same to me - the facilities are outdated and a bit old school. Not necessarily a make or break factor just depends on preference but yes you are right about that!

I'm not sure if it's the correct Facebook group or not but when I search SCUHS MSPA Class of 2025, I see there are 31 members in the group. Can anyone that's been accepted and sent the link for the group confirm this is accurate? Also, I'm not sure if all 31 members are accepted students or if some are staff or what not. To all that have been accepted, congratulations. To all that are still waiting, I feel your pain.

2 hours ago, Alishanicole said:

I'm not sure if it's the correct Facebook group or not but when I search SCUHS MSPA Class of 2025, I see there are 31 members in the group. Can anyone that's been accepted and sent the link for the group confirm this is accurate? Also, I'm not sure if all 31 members are accepted students or if some are staff or what not. To all that have been accepted, congratulations. To all that are still waiting, I feel your pain.

I think it is the group. I saw the date it was made, and it was 2/2023, so it probably is. I am indeed sad 😞