2022-2023 APPLICATION CYCLE SCUHS

On 2/19/2023 at 8:38 AM, prepamimi said:

Hi, I have an Instagram group chat going and so far there’s only about 7 of us! I think there might be more bc not everyone is on the forums. 

Update: The faculty will be emailing the link to join the FB group to those accepted. 

Wow! Thank you for the update. Do you mind telling me how many applicants are in the FB group now? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PrePA49 said:

Congrats!!

could you please let us know if they share any FB group? Thank you!

Thank you!!! ❤️ They told me there is one that they will share with us once we accept the offer through our email! But I think someone put a link to it in earlier chats

Edited by Prepabbyd
  • Like 1

I had an interview today. This is the last week of interviews they said. They also clarified that they give out acceptance calls on Fridays but that it could be one Friday from now, or four Fridays from now. In other words, whenever they feel like it lol. They said they are trying to fill up the seats by March-April so you should know by then? But they also said that everyone should know their status by June the latest, and if you haven't by then - to reach out. Hope this helps the people wondering

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GabethePTAtoPA said:

I had an interview today. This is the last week of interviews they said. They also clarified that they give out acceptance calls on Fridays but that it could be one Friday from now, or four Fridays from now. In other words, whenever they feel like it lol. They said they are trying to fill up the seats by March-April so you should know by then? But they also said that everyone should know their status by June the latest, and if you haven't by then - to reach out. Hope this helps the people wondering

Thank you! I hope your interview went well :)

Felt like one of my interviewers was so sweet, the other was like getting up sitting down and like would not crack a smile. I also feel like their facilities were really out dated and did not look clean at all. I also feel that instead of talking about the program itself, staff chose to talk about all the extra curricular activities they had as a way to entice us wanting to go there. The hybrid format also rubbed me the wrong way. Like I would understand having us come like 3 days a week instead of 5 but having it be only 1 day a week for anatomy lab just didn’t sit right with me. We’re going to be healthcare professionals, how is it justified to only meet once a week? Lol idk I don’t think this school is the right fit for me but I do wish everyone else luck!

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience. I personally felt like I had a great interview experience. The faculty that interviewed me were friendly and welcoming. I was able to connect with them and even felt comfortable enough to crack jokes and whatnot. I felt like I was able to learn a lot about the program and faculty as well. They expressed their passion for teaching and for the field! And it really showed me how much they invest in their students & how they want them to succeed. 

8 minutes ago, prepamimi said:

I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience. I personally felt like I had a great interview experience. The faculty that interviewed me were friendly and welcoming. I was able to connect with them and even felt comfortable enough to crack jokes and whatnot. I felt like I was able to learn a lot about the program and faculty as well. They expressed their passion for teaching and for the field! And it really showed me how much they invest in their students & how they want them to succeed. 

Happy for you! Hope you get in! 

32 minutes ago, Kiki2202 said:

Felt like one of my interviewers was so sweet, the other was like getting up sitting down and like would not crack a smile. I also feel like their facilities were really out dated and did not look clean at all. I also feel that instead of talking about the program itself, staff chose to talk about all the extra curricular activities they had as a way to entice us wanting to go there. The hybrid format also rubbed me the wrong way. Like I would understand having us come like 3 days a week instead of 5 but having it be only 1 day a week for anatomy lab just didn’t sit right with me. We’re going to be healthcare professionals, how is it justified to only meet once a week? Lol idk I don’t think this school is the right fit for me but I do wish everyone else luck!

I wonder if you and I had the same two people because that sounded a lot like how my interview with. One of them could not sit still and was like multitasking the entire time which made me believe that they didn’t want to be there or I was not interesting enough to them.

I think the hybrid format isn’t for everyone and I remember someone saying that they are keeping it hybrid because of current and past students experience/preference. 

I do agree that perhaps they are hyping up the extra curricular activities because  PA students are on campus for one day. Which is like hyping up apples against oranges. 

But I do hope the best for you and I hope you get into a program that fits best for you 🤗 

Edited by ERLC09

I feel the same way during my interview-- The faculty at the beginning checking us in were all so nice and sweet, but the two people that interviewed me did not seem like they wanted to be there. I get having a "neutral" face, but it really seemed like they were miserable and were forced into doing interviews. They didn't seem so care about how I answered any of the questions at all, and it seemed like they asked a question, waited for me to answer, and moved on. In the middle of my interview, one of the faculty even SIGHED. Straight up sighed so loudly too. That kind of threw me off and didn't make me feel so good. Not one smile from either of them. I didn't feel welcomed at all by the staff interviewing me at all. 

• Upvote 1