2022-2023 APPLICATION CYCLE SCUHS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/19/2022 at 4:47 PM, eddieg said:

Hello everyone, I am currently a student at SCU's PA program. As MTB123 posted above, we have received continue accreditation from the ARC-PA. If any of you have any questions regarding the school please shoot me a message! Good luck everyone 🙂

Thanks Eddie for the update! 🙂

How are you liking the program so far? Is it mostly remote?

2 hours ago, PAGLT1109 said:

Thanks Eddie for the update! 🙂

How are you liking the program so far? Is it mostly remote?

Hey there! I am enjoying the program so far. It is mostly remote. Our cohort is currently meeting once a week for clinical applications, anatomy lecture, and anatomy lab. The rest of the week is online. I really enjoy the delivery style. A lot of the material can be given online without sacrificing the education. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello everyone, I am currently a student at SCU's PA program. As MTB123 posted above, we have received continue accreditation from the ARC-PA. If any of you have any questions regarding the school please shoot me a message! Good luck everyone 🙂

I was wondering if the sites for clinical rotations was local to the school or further away? 
Also, how do you like the integrative medicine approach? 

On 10/23/2022 at 9:45 AM, neselena said:

I was wondering if the sites for clinical rotations was local to the school or further away? 
Also, how do you like the integrative medicine approach? 

The clinical sites can be anywhere within a 100 miles radius of the school. I am not in clinical year yet so I am not sure how common it is of them to send you far from the school though. 

I will note that the integrative medicine aspect of the program is minimally present. We take a course where we learn about the other types of treatment modalities such as CAM. However, we are not in classes with other professions besides that one class. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/21/2022 at 3:30 PM, eddieg said:

Hey there! I am enjoying the program so far. It is mostly remote. Our cohort is currently meeting once a week for clinical applications, anatomy lecture, and anatomy lab. The rest of the week is online. I really enjoy the delivery style. A lot of the material can be given online without sacrificing the education. 

That’s sounds wonderful and effective! Thanks Eddie for all your info, I hope didactic year goes smoothly for you! 😁

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 3:53 PM, LadyPliny said:

Does anyone know if a Chemistry Nutrition course would work towards one of their chemistry requirements? My general series is outside of their 7 year time limit. Tried emailing them but they said they wouldn’t give individual feedback!

Hi, I want to inform you that the accepted courses for chemistry requirements are listed on their website. Many programs generally have the same course requirements for general chemistry. I would advise you to reconsider taking general series or not consider applying to the program as they will not look at your application. In other words, you would be wasting fees. I’m not saying not to apply, but I highly encourage you to reconsider your options. 

https://www.scuhs.edu/masters-degrees/physician-assistant-program/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Eddie 🙂 Thanks for sharing! What courses/curriculum are delivered online? 

• 1 month later...