2022-2023 APPLICATION

On 10/23/2022 at 3:49 PM, ThePAchaser said:

Hi @FuturePA2324. I interviewed and waiting to hear back but I will say Wake emphasizes on not creating a competitive academic environment, I truly believe they mean that while looking at the applicants holistically. My stats were not the greatest but my life experience may be something that sets me apart. If you meet their minimum requirements I think you have a good chance. Did you interview?

Do you have knowledge of what minimum requirements Wake has? I could not find time limitations for prerequisites (although a 'strong suggestion to complete within 5yrs prior to applying'), and no minimums for GRE (composite nor sectioned), or GPA (science nor overall). Other schools have explicitly reported this information but I also had the same impression of Wake (holistic review of applicants).

49 minutes ago, KatyPA37 said:

Do you have knowledge of what minimum requirements Wake has? I could not find time limitations for prerequisites (although a 'strong suggestion to complete within 5yrs prior to applying'), and no minimums for GRE (composite nor sectioned), or GPA (science nor overall). Other schools have explicitly reported this information but I also had the same impression of Wake (holistic review of applicants).

https://school.wakehealth.edu/education-and-training/pa-program/class-profiles

11 minutes ago, KatyPA37 said:

Right. It's implied the requirements are somewhere around the Class Profile averages, but no listed minimums.

If it’s not listed under admission requirements then it probably means there’s no minimum. 

But the class profile is more telling of what they are expecting as far as stats, so I would focus for aiming at averages or higher versus just meeting “minimums”. 

Edited by GoodVibez2022
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GoodVibez2022 said:

If it’s not listed under admission requirements then it probably means there’s no minimum. 

But the class profile is more telling of what they are expecting as far as stats, so I would focus for aiming at averages or higher versus just meeting “minimums”. 

I completely agree. For those that like to gauge potential standing it's best to look at the available Class Profiles or review the minimums listed at other comparable programs. Regardless, only the Wake admissions committee really know why they choose the applicants they do in terms of what sticks out to them.

1 hour ago, KatyPA37 said:
1 hour ago, GoodVibez2022 said:

I completely agree. For those that like to gauge potential standing it's best to look at the available Class Profiles or review the minimums listed at other comparable programs. Regardless, only the Wake admissions committee really know why they choose the applicants they do in terms of what sticks out to them.

I think Wake's average stats are even more useful (than those of school's with smaller cohorts) given that the matriculating class size is 89.

Edited by matchalemonade
more useful THAN WHAT (smaller schools' averages, not minimums)
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, matchalemonade said:

I think Wake's average stats are even more useful (than those of school's with smaller cohorts) given that the matriculating class size is 89.

I agree, but would say they look at your entire application and holistically process if you would be a good fit for their learning and culture. A good resource is the YouTube podcast, search  (An interview with Wake forest PA program director) where director Peacock goes in detail about the process. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LlamaPA said:

I agree, but would say they look at your entire application and holistically process if you would be a good fit for their learning and culture. A good resource is the YouTube podcast, search  (An interview with Wake forest PA program director) where director Peacock goes in detail about the process. 

Absolutely agree they seem to evaluate holistically. Thanks so much for sharing the interview recording!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LlamaPA said:

Thank you for sharing that resource! I will def. check it out!

On 10/23/2022 at 3:49 PM, ThePAchaser said:

Hi @FuturePA2324. I interviewed and waiting to hear back but I will say Wake emphasizes on not creating a competitive academic environment, I truly believe they mean that while looking at the applicants holistically. My stats were not the greatest but my life experience may be something that sets me apart. If you meet their minimum requirements I think you have a good chance. Did you interview?

I am applying this coming April and wanted to get a good idea of how I compare to other applicatants that were interviewed or accepted this cycle. Would you mind sharing your timeline or when you applied, were offered on interview, and did the interview?

On 11/1/2022 at 7:41 PM, coffeePA said:

Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone remembers whether or not we can inquire about where we are on the waitlist. I can't remember if they mentioned this during the interview or not. 

I don’t remember them saying anything about this either, but from the way the active applicant list was described, I’m not sure they designate order. I could definitely be wrong though! Good luck 🙂 

On 11/1/2022 at 7:41 PM, coffeePA said:

Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone remembers whether or not we can inquire about where we are on the waitlist. I can't remember if they mentioned this during the interview or not. 

They never said we couldn't. I think you should. Please let us know what they say once you get a response.

On 11/1/2022 at 6:41 PM, coffeePA said:

Hey!

I don't believe they mentioned this specifically. I do remember them saying that the active applicant list is very fluid and not quite like a traditional waitlist, although I'm not sure how exactly it differs. 

On 11/7/2022 at 11:03 AM, Chelsea2234 said:

Hello, I’m excited to interview with wake forest on 11/30. Would anyone be willing to share how their interview went? This is my first one so I’m just as nervous as I am excited!

- interview prep resources you recommend

- anything surprising about the interview

- anything you wish you knew or did differently

- anything else interesting or important

thank you! 🙂

We all go in blind. It’s up to you how well you prepare given the same info we all get.  Do your best and good luck!

• Like 5

On 11/9/2022 at 1:28 PM, ERitsChar said:

We all go in blind. It’s up to you how well you prepare given the same info we all get.  Do your best and good luck!

Yes, of course, thank you! A better re-phrasing of my question might be: did you (anyone, in general) feel better prepared for interviews (with any school!) from books, professional mock interviews, watching videos, articles, etc. I am comfortable and confident in my interpersonal skills but have been debating paying for a mock interview since this will be my first of this type.