2022-2023 APPLICATION

4 hours ago, carolana3 said:

Hey! I totally understand this and am in a very similar position. I can’t speak to whether you should tell admissions, but what I’ve heard from others is that forfeiting deposits/having to make a decision before you know if you get into another school are just some of the pitfalls in the application cycle that are somewhat unavoidable 😕 

I can say that I was offered an interview last week and it looks like the last interview date may be 10/18, but I’m not positive others won’t be opened up. Hopefully that helps a little bit and congratulations on your other acceptance!! 

Just to tack-on to this: the WFSoM PA program offers rolling admissions. Per their website they finalize decisions in February. In past forums interviews were still occurring for the same cycle as late as January and some came off the waitlist as well. So, keep this in mind during this season of waiting! 

5 hours ago, carolana3 said:

Hey! I totally understand this and am in a very similar position. I can’t speak to whether you should tell admissions, but what I’ve heard from others is that forfeiting deposits/having to make a decision before you know if you get into another school are just some of the pitfalls in the application cycle that are somewhat unavoidable 😕 

I can say that I was offered an interview last week and it looks like the last interview date may be 10/18, but I’m not positive others won’t be opened up. Hopefully that helps a little bit and congratulations on your other acceptance!! 

Thank you for sharing / providing me with at least some additional details regarding what to expect and how to approach this! I guess my biggest concern at this point isn't even so much the deposits (I've already paid mine as I had two weeks from the time the offer was extended in July), but more so concerned about when I will need to actually start planning my relocation and actually beginning classes at another program (given it starts in January and acceptances can go until February, I of course can't wait till the very end unless I made a decision to put all of my eggs in that basket). It doesn't seem like this would bear any weight on admissions and I certainly wouldn't want them to make a hastier decision that would go against my favor, but I know certain programs such as Rutgers ask applicants to notify them of any acceptances that constrain deadlines in order for them to expedite certain decisions....Again, I'm not hopeful there's much I can do but wait and see, but just to give some more context! 

1 hour ago, Iveywags said:

Thank you for sharing / providing me with at least some additional details regarding what to expect and how to approach this! I guess my biggest concern at this point isn't even so much the deposits (I've already paid mine as I had two weeks from the time the offer was extended in July), but more so concerned about when I will need to actually start planning my relocation and actually beginning classes at another program (given it starts in January and acceptances can go until February, I of course can't wait till the very end unless I made a decision to put all of my eggs in that basket). It doesn't seem like this would bear any weight on admissions and I certainly wouldn't want them to make a hastier decision that would go against my favor, but I know certain programs such as Rutgers ask applicants to notify them of any acceptances that constrain deadlines in order for them to expedite certain decisions....Again, I'm not hopeful there's much I can do but wait and see, but just to give some more context! 

I feel for you as that's a tough position to be in. In the interim you can drive yourself crazy with all the what-if scenarios.  Ultimately you should make whatever decisions you deem best for you. With regard to the program that starts in January: Congratulations on your acceptance!!! Make sure you celebrate that 'win' and determine for yourself if you're going to embrace it; you could be starting PA school in just a few short months from now!

11 minutes ago, luckycharms said:

Got the call today! Accepted from 9/13 interview and would love to join the facebook group. Does anyone know how much the deposit is or can anyone tell me where to find it in my offer letter? I only see the options to accept my ELP or direct admit PA option. 

I have an offer with an expensive deposit that's due tomorrow! Urgh!! Wish I had more time to go down to visit Wake in-person before making a final decision! 

I don't have personal knowledge (and unsure if the ELP pathway alters it), but per their website it's a non-refundable $1000 deposit for your seat reservation that ultimately is applied toward tuition. 

Edited by KatyPA37

1 minute ago, Nelka said:

Hey everyone, I submitted my app on July 11th (supplemental) and I haven’t heard anything. Is this a bad sign?

No news seems to be good news! Make sure you received a confirmation email that your secondary was received. If so, just seems to be a waiting game (i.e. rolling admissions).

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, luckycharms said:

Got the call today! Accepted from 9/13 interview and would love to join the facebook group. Does anyone know how much the deposit is or can anyone tell me where to find it in my offer letter? I only see the options to accept my ELP or direct admit PA option. 

I have an offer with an expensive deposit that's due tomorrow! Urgh!! Wish I had more time to go down to visit Wake in-person before making a final decision! 

Congratulations!! I was in the same boat / wondering how to go about actually securing a seat and paying a deposit, and the ELP option does seem to affect the deposit amount and overall process moving forward, as it was a $1500 deposit for the ELP business option opposed to $1000 and the communications seem to be primarily now from the ELP program, since you will be getting geared up to begin with them and then starting with the PA program the following May/June of 2024. You have two days to accept the actual offer from your ELP program, but in regards to paying the deposit, the specifics and due dates for paying it will be listed in the portal following your initial decision to accept. I personally received my decision letter from the PA program notifying me of my acceptance to the PA program as well as the ELP program, given the option to accept both, and then began receiving communications and a scholarship offer from the business ELP program which I then had to accept on the Wake Business Portal. I sent an email to the PA admissions and Elise confirmed that said this: 

We have received your decision to accept the ELP Business offer starting in July 2023.  Upon completion of your MSM degree you will then start your PA education in May/June 2024.  You will be receiving additional information from the Business school and feel free to reach out to them with any additional questions.

We look forward to your starting with Wake Forest PA in May/June 2024!!

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 9:37 AM, KatyPA37 said:

Hey everyone! I received an email and have been rejected (no interview) so I'm bowing out from the thread. Good luck to you all!!! Wishing everyone success! 

I'm sorry to hear this! Wishing you the best of luck. 

Would you mind sharing when you submitted your supplemental? 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, emPA2022 said:

I'm sorry to hear this! Wishing you the best of luck. 

Would you mind sharing when you submitted your supplemental? 

Thank you for your kind words. Naturally I'm disappointed, but am trying to stay positive! I reached out for application feedback and have been put on a Spring list for that. Although I fear it'll be too late to demonstrate meaningful improvement/growth by next cycle. My supplemental was submitted on 8/19 (confirmed 8/22).