2022-2023 CASPA application cycle. Class of 2025

Hi. This is more of a general Nova question but I am really struggling to find any information on Nova's didactic year. Like does anyone know what the structure of learning is? Like I have a friend who is going to a program and they have to wear business casual 8-5 on campus while I have heard of other programs with hours on campus but more hours off studying on your own. And then I have not been able to find if there is any clinical exposure in the first year. Does anyone know what Nova FTL is like or a place to find this information?

Thank you 🙂

7 minutes ago, hedgehog said:

Hi. This is more of a general Nova question but I am really struggling to find any information on Nova's didactic year. Like does anyone know what the structure of learning is? Like I have a friend who is going to a program and they have to wear business casual 8-5 on campus while I have heard of other programs with hours on campus but more hours off studying on your own. And then I have not been able to find if there is any clinical exposure in the first year. Does anyone know what Nova FTL is like or a place to find this information?

Thank you 🙂

System based learning 

they wear navy scrub or nova shirt

but email Judy Dickman.

4 minutes ago, FuturPAS said:

System based learning 

they wear navy scrub or nova shirt

but email Judy Dickman.

Thank you for the info! I have an interview in a few weeks. Do you think it would be better to ask about that in interviews (or I assume they will tell us more about it then) or email now?

2 hours ago, PA2B2022 said:

Congrats to everyone accepted! I have an interview coming up. How many applicants are at each interview? Trying to get an idea of how many applicants there are before my interview. Thanks 🙂

There were 7 of us who interviewed in person and about 5-6 people virtually on 10/04. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hedgehog said:

Did you get a confirmation for booking your interview? Im realizing that I never did and am freaking out that it was not scheduled.

I recall a message after booking the interview that said we wouldn’t receive a confirmation. So I took a screenshot of my interview date and time. I believe I remember reading that we would get a reminder email a few days before our interview.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PA2B2022 said:

Omg that’s amazing!! Congrats! How many people were in your interview group? Did you find the individual interview to be more conversational?

There were 7 of us, and it was like any other interview you would have. I don’t think they’re there to grill you. The faculty interviewing me were very welcoming.

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to those who have gotten accepted so far! For those who interviewed in-person, is there anything to bring? I would assume the day is as stated on website. Meet with pa director -> group discussion -> individual interviews -> meet first years -> end of interview. Is there anything that caught you off guard during in-person interview? Lastly, for those that did so in-person, would you mind me personal messaging you with a personal question? Thank you!

Edited by BsalPA

On 9/12/2022 at 10:31 AM, mdel0007 said:

Couldn't get an interview date until Jan. 3rd 2023 😕 Anyone else having this issue? I'm sure they're still going to have interviews then but that seems very far off and feels like they will have finished selecting the seats by then 

I got an interview invite on Sept 19 and was no able to sign up until January 12th. I found this pretty weird as well. I got the email in the afternoon while I was at work and was not able to respond until later that night. It did seem very far off to me as well. 

On 9/12/2022 at 10:31 AM, mdel0007 said:

Couldn't get an interview date until Jan. 3rd 2023 😕 Anyone else having this issue? I'm sure they're still going to have interviews then but that seems very far off and feels like they will have finished selecting the seats by then 

I received an invite on September 19th in the afternoon and selected my date later that night. I found it weird too that the next available date was not until January 12th., it does feel very far off considering how early we were notified of an interview invite.