2022-2023 CASPA application cycle. Class of 2025

On 5/4/2022 at 3:33 AM, FuturPAS said:

For the question that asks about extracurricular activities, is it the same as the experience section or are you guys including clubs and organizations you were in? I found myself copy and paste from the experience section.

I focused more on clubs and organizations & volunteering I did during undergrad and definitely emphasize leadership positions!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, meghamadala said:

Wait what? On the website, it says the pre reqs just have to be done by the end of the fall semester prior to matriculation. 

That’s what I thought too. These schools are not transparent at all. Everything is ambiguous. But I see that they interview people until February so I’m not concern, but I wished I knew this beforehand.

53 minutes ago, FuturePA310 said:

That's really frustrating, I would have planned my courses differently if I had known that. I'm taking biochem over the summer just for nova lol. I am going to call to confirm tomorrow, and ask why it doesn't say it on the website. 

Keep us posted.

2 minutes ago, FuturePA310 said:

This is what they said; i'm still confusedIMG_1605.thumb.jpg.5ff75daae074340629d6781e44ef6c99.jpg

You should be fine. What most likely will happen is you will still be considered pending your final official transcript. I would send immediately after the grades are posted to CASPA and email the program to update them that you passed the class and the official transcript was sent to CASPA so you can get your official acceptance or denial. 

7 minutes ago, FuturePA310 said:

I thought that would be the case too because all my other schools are following that same process but I just called them and they said they don't consider you until everything is in, including all prerequisite courses 😕 

I would probably call back and talk to someone else. Cause like you said on their faqs page is stated. 

Do I need to have completed the pre-requisite courses before I can apply?
No, but all science prerequisites must be completed by the end of the Fall semester prior to matriculation.

I think the miscommunication would be on your end if your application will be considered early in rolling admissions or will it be considered august or September when you finished the last pre-req. This is the question I would be asking to be clarified. "When will may app be looked at: Now or at the time I have completed my pre-req?"