2022-2023 Application Cycle

Hopefully this eases some of your worries for those of you who are waiting. Interviews run from October 19th - November 7th. The interview format has changed from previous years though we agreed to a non-disclosure agreement in the interview invite we received. No offers are sent until all interviews are completed. There may be a select few who receive later interview invites if the seats aren't filled (people turning down the offer/invite) or if they wish to see a more competitive pool, but they are looking to complete the process by December. 

If you are offered a position on the waitlist or waitlist to interview, I would strongly encourage you to take it. A current student told me that Stanford's COA is a very significant factor for the majority of candidates so there is always some movement towards the end. There is a great post somewhere in an older forum for this school that breaks down the numbers and loan process.... you'd almost be paying med-school $$$ and trying to pay off those loans with a PA salary, coming out with only $6k a month which some of you may already be making. 

Best of luck - stay hopeful - but hopefully this gives some of you all peace of mind to go on and do other things till you hear back 🙂

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, luckycharms said:

Hopefully this eases some of your worries for those of you who are waiting. Interviews run from October 19th - November 7th. The interview format has changed from previous years though we agreed to a non-disclosure agreement in the interview invite we received. No offers are sent until all interviews are completed. There may be a select few who receive later interview invites if the seats aren't filled (people turning down the offer/invite) or if they wish to see a more competitive pool, but they are looking to complete the process by December. 

If you are offered a position on the waitlist or waitlist to interview, I would strongly encourage you to take it. A current student told me that Stanford's COA is a very significant factor for the majority of candidates so there is always some movement towards the end. There is a great post somewhere in an older forum for this school that breaks down the numbers and loan process.... you'd almost be paying med-school $$$ and trying to pay off those loans with a PA salary, coming out with only $6k a month which some of you may already be making. 

Best of luck - stay hopeful - but hopefully this gives some of you all peace of mind to go on and do other things till you hear back 🙂

Thank you so much for this information, I feel like a lot of us will find this relieving! Just to make sure I understand correctly, there is only one group of interview invites sent out (the one sent on 10/7) and the only other invites that will be sent out will be if those people decline their interviews or if the program wants a bigger pool of interviewees? Or will there be another group of interview invite sent out later? Thank you again for this!

26 minutes ago, aveeavery said:

I just got offered a position on their interview waitlist! It doesn’t guarantee me a spot, but I am thrilled to be given the opportunity to possibly interview at Stanford! 

I was also offered a position on the interview waitlist! Definitely thankful and will now anxiously wait to see if I will interview. I am part of the 7/12 verification group.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aveeavery said:

I just got offered a position on their interview waitlist! It doesn’t guarantee me a spot, but I am thrilled to be given the opportunity to possibly interview at Stanford! 

Congrats!!! I was also just offered a spot on the interview waitlist and I'm super grateful so now we just wait and see!

8 hours ago, mumbo33 said:

Hey. Does anybody who was at last week’s admission presentation remember what they said about acceptances/rejections? Will it be in December after all interviews?

They said no decisions would be made until all interviews had been completed. They estimated 11/7 for last interview, and then accept/deny decisions going out the following week. But I also seem to recall them saying the final interview could be earlier than 11/7.

I'm guessing we might hear as early as week of 11/7, but more likely starting week of 11/14.

21 hours ago, MissPA333 said:

thats what i remember too, but i wasnt sure because the call didnt have that many people!

Maybe the difference is made up of those folks on the interview waitlist!

I also recall approx. 100 participants on the info session Zoom, but there were so many faculty and staff members on the call as well, I'd venture to guess it might have been closer to 90 candidates, but I could be off.