2022-2023 Application Cycle

18 minutes ago, Ollie9 said:

Curious as to date of verification is the order in which interview/rejections are being sent. To those that have heard back can you share dates you summited/ were verified or received the confirmation email that you app was received? 

You know I actually submitted pretty late, like 7/23ish. So I think the others saying it's alphabetical may be onto something. unless someone who has a last name starting with the latter half of the alphabet can disprove that

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jamaPA said:

You know I actually submitted pretty late, like 7/23ish. So I think the others saying it's alphabetical may be onto something. unless someone who has a last name starting with the latter half of the alphabet can disprove that

Counterexample: submitted 7/26, application receipt confirmed 8/1, name is in the second half of alphabet, received interview invitation 10/7.

To answer others' comments, I also have not yet received more specifics on actual interview date and time beyond the info session and writing session. Wonder when that will come through!

Edited by matchalemonade
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, matchalemonade said:

Counterexample: submitted 7/26, application receipt confirmed 8/1, name is in the second half of alphabet, received interview invitation 10/7.

To answer others' comments, I also have not yet received more specifics on actual interview date and time beyond the info session and writing session. Wonder when that will come through!

You know you’re really confusing us alphabet theorists LOL 

• Haha 1

A reasonable theory would be that they are working in order of highest "ranked" apps (a lot of schools use a formula to rank apps based on gpa etc.) but then why would we be seeing so many rejections?? I genuinely have no idea there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Congrats to the chosen ones!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone, 

Here is a PSA from a former waitlist candidate...I applied last cycle (first time applicant, non-trad student), interviewed and was waitlisted. I had 5 letters, (1 including my boss who's an MD that teaches at Stanford).

I was rejected this cycle (NO INTERVIEW) which was heartbreaking because I work at a Stanford clinic and do research there. Moreover, I felt my application was much better 2nd cycle bc I increased my hours, classes, research, added a new LOR, etc etc. new essays and supplements. 

That being said, I prepped for my interview, paid for a mock interview, etc, and it still didn't work out. I was informed (maybe being too optimistic) that waitlist students, with some improvements can get another interview next cycle.

I'm rooting for you guys this cycle and somewhat vicariously living through all of you LOL. It's such a competative application cycle so if you got an interview, legit congrats! 

My advice: study everyday for bc it's legit your one shot. Not to freak anyone out, it was a great time and everyone was so friendly, but definitely keep your nerves at bay, communicate your words like you're having a conversation, and again practice EVERYDAY even if it's 10 minutes/day. I'm rooting for everyone! 

Happy to post my stats if anyone wants in a new post. GL! (I don't remember too much about the interview since it was last year, but it was via zoom, pretty straight forward), You can comb through my posting history to see if I wrote anything about it, but I'm gonna keep it fairly vague as to respect the school and give everyone a fair shot who's interviewing. :D!

Edited by CaliPA91
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Ecaparoso said:

Got my rejection last week on 10/9 and they sent me another rejection email today 10/16. They are really trying to remind me that I’m not eligible this cycle LOL

That happened to me too and.i thought I was losing it. I was like I’m pretty sure I already received a rejection why am I getting another one 🫠

• Like 1