2022-2023 Application Cycle

1 minute ago, Jrosebwin said:

No but seriously , why they do us like that. I hope to see an invite on a Saturday but if not…. Monday !!! I believe it 🙏🏾 

now it I get rejected I’ll just go cry in the corner 

Right!? The wait is getting more and more painful everyday!! I believe in us!! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jrosebwin said:

No but seriously , why they do us like that. I hope to see an invite on a Saturday but if not…. Monday !!! I believe it 🙏🏾 

now it I get rejected I’ll just go cry in the corner 

Have you heard of any schools offering interviews on the weekend? Once 5pm Friday hits, I tell myself I have 56 hours of breathing

Also Im rooting for you all just as much as I am rooting for myself. Fingers crossed!!!!

Edited by hedgehog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, hedgehog said:

Have you heard of any schools offering interviews on the weekend? Once 5pm Friday hits, I tell myself I have 56 hours of breathing

Also Im rooting for you all just as much as I am rooting for myself. Fingers crossed!!!!

That is HILARIOUS “56 hrs of breathing “ that wins the best post I’ve seen this cycle 😂 

and I have not, a girl can hope 😂😂😂

and yess rooting for everyone to get that invite ! Or at least have an opportunity to start school in 2023! 🙏🏾

@Kay2022 thxxx I believe in us !! 

• Like 4

Very excited to have received an interview offer but..... not sure how I feel about the COA of this program compared to others now that I'm in the thick of it.

Roughly 20k for quarter for tuition alone (x9) is 180k. Their website also estimates about 50k a year in living expenses (x3) which is another 150k. How are you all internalizing that this program would cost upwards of 330k across three years? My next expensive school might barely scrap 180-200k.

Sources: https://gradadmissions.stanford.edu/admitted-students/funding-graduate-study/estimated-expense-budget

https://med.stanford.edu/pa/tuition.html

34 minutes ago, luckycharms said:

Very excited to have received an interview offer but..... not sure how I feel about the COA of this program compared to others now that I'm in the thick of it.

Roughly 20k for quarter for tuition alone (x9) is 180k. Their website also estimates about 50k a year in living expenses (x3) which is another 150k. How are you all internalizing that this program would cost upwards of 330k across three years? My next expensive school might barely scrap 180-200k.

Sources: https://gradadmissions.stanford.edu/admitted-students/funding-graduate-study/estimated-expense-budget

Congrats on the interview!!! 

Me personally LOVES this program, I love everything about the curriculum, the 3 years, leadership opportunities, among other things that draw me towards the program. I do agree that the cost compared to a vast majority of other programs to certify all of us a PAs can be hard to justify. 

Everyone is different when it comes to the cost, for me, I was a D1 athlete and had a full ride and was blessed to have my Bachelors and Masters paid for entirely so I have currently $0 in debt; so I’m willing to pay the price of having a huge amount of debt because I currently  don’t have any. 

Now let’s say I had loans from undergrad and my graduate, I would then fall back on what the program can offer me besides becoming a PA. Ex: Leadership, more research opportunities, world renown facilities, etc. 

Think about what’s most important to you if cost is #1 compare it to the other programs you’re interested in. And see if the second most important thing outweighs the others. 

I think it’s safe to say most everyone will take out loans to cover the cost of school. There are also scholarships and grants to apply for that can help “decrease” the cost. Do some digging and see what you can find. 

sidenote: I work as a Polysomnographic Tech so for anyone wondering why I’m always up late, lol I’m at work watching people sleep 😂

Edited by Jrosebwin
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, luckycharms said:

Yeah I'm in a similar boat. Stanford originally was my #1 choice because of location/facilities but given that I was accepted into another amazing program, I would be paying $140k more and giving up a year's worth of wages if I were to get in and choose Stanford. It's extremely hard to justify but I want to see what they info session has to say about the program + see what the interview is like to make a better judgement.