MBKU 2022-2023 Application Cycle

Hi everyone! I spoke to Leslie today and she said they’re in the process of interviewing and sending out invites still. She said they’re going to interview from now until December and hopefully make acceptance decisions before the new year. For us who are still hoping for interview invites, keep your head up! I’m trying to stay hopeful and less anxious 😅

• Like 8

I am not sure if the submission date significantly impacts the selection process at all; I submitted on the last day and received an invite on 10/5/2022. It seems the admissions staff has been consistent in working through applications and sending out interview invites since the deadline.

I would expect a bit of a slow down in the coming weeks as they handle the interview process, however, they appear to be diligent in making sure the interview spots are filled. Check your email, keep the phone lines open, and be ready as a lot of decisions are being made by admissions and pre-pa students around this time. There may be more spots opening up in the coming weeks and months as acceptances roll out from other programs. 

• Like 2

Hey everyone, I moved my interview date to next month (11/28) from 9-1pm since I"ll be in the LA area that week already for family (I couldn't swing budgeting for separate dates, and didn't want to do virtual). A spot should be opening up for 10/28! They noted they're non-rolling so the interview date shouldn't affect my standing (hopefully), and acceptances will be given out the following week.

Still kinda panicking if I made a mistake or not, or if I should've kept my original date and borrowed money to travel. (sigh, positive thoughts!)

• Like 1

I disagree with the above. As long as you have your confirmation email - they have your application!!! They'll process it and review it and contact you if there's any information they need. Sure, it probably wouldn't "hurt" - but what helpful information would you really get out of it? The last thing you want to do is catch an admission officer on a bad day just for them to tell you the same generic information as everyone and get annoyed. Just my two cents - the waiting game is hard but they'll reach out when they want to reach out!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TroVet said:

I just received an interview invite. Though this came shortly after I dropped my physio refresher course, thinking I was staying committed to my first acceptance. Now I can't decide if I should readd physio and attend this interview or stick with my other acceptance. 🤦🏻‍♂️

When did you apply? 

Congrats! 🤩

8 hours ago, KAExcaliber said:

For those that are interviewing this Saturday; I am going to be in the area the day before if anyone wants to get together to relax before the big day. Message me if you'd like to meet up or need help navigating the area! Looking forward to meeting you all 🙂

Cool! Congrats on the interview. Can’t wait to meet you! I also interview Saturday ☺️