2012-2013 Application Cycle

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here! I just checked my email! I felt like the interview went really well and was not expecting to be on the waitlist. From what I know, those on the waitlist still have pretty fair odds for acceptance in comparison to other schools, so we still have a chance! It is hard to stay positive, but atleast it was not a rejection. I do wonder how their waitlist works? Any insight?

Hey everyone, I had my interview at Barry on October 26th, I believe I was the second group of interviews that they did. I got an acceptance email on October 29th for the Miami Shores campus. I see that many of you have posted about being waitlisted! I hope you get in! My boyfriend applied there too and hasn't received an interview yet =( I'm from Michigan so this will be scary for me to move to Florida! If anyone has questions, let me know!

I was at the Miami interview on Nov. 30 and I received the call about St. Croix in the morning as well. I told them that would not be possible due to my fiance's job. I received an email several hours later that I'm on the waitlist. Any way to find out what position we are on the list? Has anyone been accepted?

Guest JenFlynn

Hey everyone, I interviewed at Barry St Petersburg Nov30th. I got an acceptance email on December 4th for the St Petersburg campus. I made it clear that St Petersburg was my first preference over the St Croix campus during the interview, and so I was not offered the St Croix campus at all.

Also if this helps...What I did for a another school that I was waitlisted then later accepted at was to call the admissions coordinator. Or you can call whomever contacted you for the interview, and ask them to review your file with you. Also asked if there is anything that needed verification . I was suprised that I had made typo on my Caspa. I quickly rectified this with an email, and was accepted after their second round of interviews. You never know and Dont give up!

Have anybody decided about St. Croix campus? I am not sure about it, it is too far from home and it would not work for me and my husband. I wonder how their waiting list works for Miami shore? Has anybody from Nov 30 th got accepted or rejected at Miami shore? I wonder if they put everyone from that session on the wait list.

After receiving an email on Tue. regarding wait listing and whether or not I would consider St. Croix I called the program and was told the class was full for the Florida locations but that St. Croix still had seats available to those currently on the waitlist. They indicated that they will continue to interview for their waitlist and this is why they do not give out rankings on the list as it will continue to change as they interview. So you may unknowingly be at the top of the list now but following additional interviews that could change. It almost seemed from the conversation though that if you were on the waitlist and you showed interest in St. Croix you would be offered a spot (fist come first serve). However, as much as I want to go to PA school, moving to St. Croix may be pushing it. Hope this helps.

Thanks Groundhog. I got the clear picture now. That is tricky and I agree about going to St. Croix, that's pushing for me too. Does anyone know how many more interview sessions they have left. I am just trying to get the idea on how many of us will be on that waiting list.

You can always call and verify, but what I understood from talking with Michelle is they will continue to interview but the Florida sites are full. Not trying to dash any hopes, just trying to keep everyone up to date on the lastest info. For those of us on the waitlist I certainly hope your friend is correct about how many come from the waitlist!

I was told they are doing more January-March. I have a friend in the program now, she said a lot of her class this year was on the waitlist and got in.

Archived