2012-2013 Application Cycle

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats cdouglas! Thank you for updating the other wait list hopefuls! That does give those of us on the wait list some hope! Will you be attending Barry? And sonu, I have been wondering the same things as well! I would really like the same questions answered! Atleast we both still have decent odds!

Thanks amkate7, I am pretty excited. I will most likely be attending Barry. I don't really know what they focus on for acceptance. I have a feeling that they might focus a little more on stats. My interview was fine, but not really anything special. However, I have pretty good grades and a decent number of hours of HCE. I really have no idea how they choose. Sorry that I don't have more insight.

cdouglas, your insight does help! I felt similar about the interview- it went well but nothing special. I hope they do use stats. I have been working in the healthcare field for the past five years, so hopefully that will help lol! Hopefully I will be joining you with some other wait list hopefuls! Thanks again for the response and congrats again! If you don't mind me asking, what state do you live in? I am just trying to figure out if I met you or not :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody !

Congratulations to those of you who have gotten interviews/acceptance to any of the three programs. I am currently super nervous for my scheduled interview to the St. Croix campus and was wondering if any wanted to share any tips or advice on the group interviews. I will greatly appreciate it !

Thanks in advance !

Flor

Just be yourself...it was the best interview experience I ever had. The group interview was just discussing among group members about behavioral situation. The individual interview was just nothing but talking about yourself...have fun !!!!! lunch was delicious!!!

I completelyagree with sonu. We were both in attendance for the November 30th interview in Miami. This was by far the LEAST nerve-racking interview to which I have ever been. As sonu mentioned, the individual interview is just about yourself; they want to know about you! The group interview is a test of how you work with others and form opinions. In my opinion, you need to find a way to stand out from the other candidates.In my group, I was the only one who had a different opinion from everyone else on the question asked. I really thought that was going to be a negative, but later, I learned it allowed me to stand out. Don’t disagree on purpose; just find a way to make your own opinion unique. Best of luck leon 14!

So I got an email today for an interview. I will be attending January 18, anyone else? The email did confirm that Miami interviews are for waitlist now, which is a bummer. But St. Croix does have open seats available still. I can't seem to find much information on St. Croix though. Has anyone been/interview there yet?

Hoping for the best for those of you who are still waitlisted! Good luck guys!

Sonu, I have not heard anything from Barry recently. I did keep in touch with two girls who were present as well on our interview date. One of them was wait listed as well, and the other girl, who was in my discussion group, was accepted to another program- I do not think she was wait listed at Barry, though.This waiting game is really difficult. It has been really hard to stay positive; I really fell in love with the program and would love to be accepted! I will be certain to keep you as well as everyone else updated if I hear anything. I hope this both works out for us!! Keeping my fingers crossed for us all!!

I received an email 9/14 that said I was invited for an interview. However, I'm a bit confused about Barry's interview process. From some other comments it seems you are interviewed in groups of three. Do they do any personal interviews to get to know you better and ask us questions. Besides a bonding activity where they see how we work with others I'm a bit lost. If anyone who knows more about this can enlighten us would be very helpful.

Acidbrun135,

Sorry to bother you, I have an interview 1/18 and I am nervous because like you, I've heard the same things. Could you, if its not too much, let me know about your experience with the interview. I also hope you heard back good news. Thank you. My email is dania.rodriguez83@yahoo.com. Thanks for all your help

Archived