Arcadia University Hybrid PA Program

On 11/25/2021 at 7:24 PM, tdi99 said:

In the meeting was anything mentioned about the seats being full? I am wondering if the applications they have under review will not recieve decisions and just be told to reapply. 😕

I am wondering the same thing. Especially because I haven't had any email from them yet. 

4 hours ago, tdi99 said:

I am wondering if I should reach out for an update about the status of my application and see if Macie will give me any information.

I got this from Macie today,  after I emailed her last Wednesday. 
“Thank you for your response. At this time we are not able to provide any additional context. Our admissions team will be following up with more detailed information in the near future.”

12 hours ago, pa321 said:

I got this from Macie today,  after I emailed her last Wednesday. 
“Thank you for your response. At this time we are not able to provide any additional context. Our admissions team will be following up with more detailed information in the near future.”

Oh jeez, thank you for sharing! That is definitely a bummer 

This is information from an email I just got from Wendy, my admissions counselor:

Q: Will accepted students need to reapply through CASPA? A: No, all previous applications that were completed and reviewed or under review will be used to make admission decisions. If a student has been accepted they will remain accepted for the new start date of January 2023, but will need to confirm their acceptance of a seat for the new start date. A letter will be sent to all accepted students asking if they prefer to hold their seat in the Class of 2024. Any available seats will be offered after full review of the previously submitted applications or from the already established waitlist.

Q: Will accepted students have their place held in the first class? Will they need to do anything to officially hold their seat? A: Yes, all accepted students will be offered a seat in the program to start in January 2023. Students will need to confirm their intention to accept this seat for the new start date by responding to a formal letter that will be sent from the program.

Q: How confident is the University that the January 2023 start date is feasible? A: We cannot promise that provisional accreditation will be extended to the Arcadia University Hybrid Program, however we are taking the additional time to ensure that all the accreditation standards are being met and taking the opportunity to ensure we are creating the best online hybrid curriculum and learning experience for our future students.

Q: What steps are being taken to develop adequate clinical experiences? A: A full time faculty member has been appointed to the role of Director of Clinical Education and is monitoring site development to ensure adequate clinical experiences for all students.

Q: Does the University anticipate continued challenges meeting ARC-PA requirements? A: We cannot promise that provisional accreditation will be extended to the Arcadia University Hybrid Program, however we are taking the additional time to ensure that all the accreditation standards are being met and taking the opportunity to ensure we are creating the best online hybrid curriculum and learning experience for our future students. Two full time faculty members have been promoted into positions of Directors of Didactic and Clinical Education to oversee key parts of the program development. Additionally, two more full time faculty members will join in January in order to prepare the curriculum for a January 2023 start date.

Q: Will applicants who had an application in process have the opportunity to apply again next year? A: Due to the constraints of timing, Arcadia University Hybrid program will not participate in a CASPA cycle for 2022-2023, opening in Spring of 2022. However, we anticipate reopening CASPA applications for the cycle to begin in Spring of 2023 for the class which would start in January of 2024. Q: Will the University be using CASPA next year for applications? A: No. Due to the constraints of timing, Arcadia University Hybrid program will not participate in a CASPA cycle for 2022-2023. However, we anticipate reopening CASPA applications for the cycle to begin in Spring of 2023

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cavpup888 said:

Does this mean that for the 2022-2023 applicants will need to apply via the Arcadia as opposed to through CASPA?

I took it as they aren't going to have any sort of application cycle (caspa or through their website) 2022-2023. And that they were just going to pick it back up for the 2nd class that starts in 2024-- so caspa cycle that is 2023

17 hours ago, HoneyPA said:

I took it as they aren't going to have any sort of application cycle (caspa or through their website) 2022-2023. And that they were just going to pick it back up for the 2nd class that starts in 2024-- so caspa cycle that is 2023

I believe they will be accepting applicants through their own cycle, probably this spring. They still have seats to fill so don’t lose hope!

6 hours ago, Janieg78 said:

I believe they will be accepting applicants through their own cycle, probably this spring. They still have seats to fill so don’t lose hope!

does this mean that those of us who haven't heard could still possibly get an acceptance? i was hoping to hear something from the program about all of this but i haven't gotten any emails.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, belizabeth said:

Just got an email for admitted students that this program has pulled its application for provisional accreditation 😞

I just got the email as well. Devastated is an understatement! I guess another CASPA cycle is in most of our futures 😭

Anyone know what happened? I felt like each time we met the staff was so confident in the program! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 4:20 PM, briannathedietitian said:

I just got the email as well. Devastated is an understatement! I guess another CASPA cycle is in most of our futures 😭

Anyone know what happened? I felt like each time we met the staff was so confident in the program! 

So they pulled the whole program? This sucks!!! I previously waiting to hear back from them about my application as I finished the last pre-req.