Arcadia University Hybrid PA Program

5 hours ago, wltaylor said:

Hi all! I wanted to ask if you guys know how many seats they have for students? Per the website, the deadline is April 1, 2022. Are they doing rolling admissions then? I just have a lot of questions!

From another post it seems like they're admitting 36 students to the upcoming cohort and they are currently reviewing applications. Hope this helps !

38 minutes ago, kb4949 said:

From another post it seems like they're admitting 36 students to the upcoming cohort and they are currently reviewing applications. Hope this helps !

And you can only have 2 prerequisites outstanding correct? I am just trying to get a better understanding since the website didn't have much to offer at the moment. 

27 minutes ago, wltaylor said:

And you can only have 2 prerequisites outstanding correct? I am just trying to get a better understanding since the website didn't have much to offer at the moment. 

If you put your info in on the website to ‘request information’, their admissions counselor will get in touch. Her name is Macie and she’s a pleasure to talk to and has all the answers to your questions. 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Zoe777 said:

If you put your info in on the website to ‘request information’, their admissions counselor will get in touch. Her name is Macie and she’s a pleasure to talk to and has all the answers to your questions. 🙂 

I put a request in on Monday. I haven't heard anything back yet! I will look forward to her call!! 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ContinuallyCommitted said:

Hey Everyone!

I am so happy to say that I have received my very first PA school acceptance call and that was with Arcadia PA!

This is my second CASPA cycle. Good luck to everyone and keep being persistent! All of your hard work will pay off 🙂

That’s  so exciting!!! Congrats!!!

Edited by Janieg78
  • Like 2

Hi everyone! I have 2 questions:

1. does this program match clinical sites to ones in your hometown?

2. I noticed in CASPA that they give you the option to upload a resume/CV. Has anyone skipped this? I feel like it’s a bit redundant since I included everything in my resume in CASPA, but in the end I wouldn’t mind uploading it. Just trying to see the significance of the resume to our application? 

Hi there! To those who have been accepted, do you mind sharing your GRE stats? I take mine in a few weeks and am so nervous. I am a non traditional student, and it's been over a decade since taking a lot of this math. I've been studying, but I think it would help me to know what scores have been accepted so far. Thanks again in advance!!

On 8/20/2021 at 10:26 AM, Courtnie26 said:

Hey all! 

I am applying, but have been contemplating not submitting until I retake the GRE next month. I did not do incredibly well last year on the GRE. I am hopeful my 13k clinical hours, volunteering, shadowing, will be beneficial. Does anyone know how much the GRE is weighed compared to other things. Should I submit now since it is rolling admissions with my old GRE scores. Has anyone else not done incredibly well on GRE but got accepted or applied?

Hey! I love how Arcadia views each applicant holistically. If you haven’t done so already, reach out to Macie and she will give you lots of information about what they’re looking for!

I don’t know what your GRE scores. Every applicant will have a part of their application that isn’t stellar. As long as you’re stronger in other parts of your app, and if you are a good fit to their program, you should get in! 

My GRE score was not above a 300. 

17 hours ago, Goldhashbrown said:

Hi everyone! I have 2 questions:

1. does this program match clinical sites to ones in your hometown?

2. I noticed in CASPA that they give you the option to upload a resume/CV. Has anyone skipped this? I feel like it’s a bit redundant since I included everything in my resume in CASPA, but in the end I wouldn’t mind uploading it. Just trying to see the significance of the resume to our application? 

Hey!

Clinical placement does their best to find you a clinical site within a certain range of your home. It’s not always a guarantee.

With the resume/cv, I feel that if they give you that option to upload one, it doesn’t hurt 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ContinuallyCommitted said:

Hey! I love how Arcadia views each applicant holistically. If you haven’t done so already, reach out to Macie and she will give you lots of information about what they’re looking for!

I don’t know what your GRE scores. Every applicant will have a part of their application that isn’t stellar. As long as you’re stronger in other parts of your app, and if you are a good fit to their program, you should get in! 

My GRE score was not above a 300. 

Thank you! I spoke with Macie and she told me there was no minimum score and that she isnt sure how heavy they weigh that portion. But she reminded me that it is rolling admissions. I think I am going to submit now, I feel like I will ruin my chances if I wait any longer. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Courtnie26 said:

Hi all, one last question regarding the supplemental questions. I am finding it challenging to write about each leadership aspect in only 200 characters. How vague did you all respond to those? Did you actually do it in list form or just put a sentence of what that leadership role was?

My response was vague, but what I would suggest is to make sure you're informing them of your responsibility in that leadership role and the longevity of it.

18 hours ago, CCalPA said:

HI all, the essay prompt that asks about other non-academic studies, is that referring to things such as volunteering or being apart of school clubs, or what would be appropriate for this section?

Also for the question regarding overcoming obstacles, did you all completing fill the character limit or did you follow the 200 word or less limit that was set for the first two essay questions?

I took the non-academic studies as an extracurricular to school overall, if that makes sense ? I used my angle of gaining teaching experience during school breaks. Only bc they already included sections to discuss volunteering, I would definitely use the section to discuss if you were a part of school clubs, fraternity/sorority, mentorship etc.

For the adversity essay, I honestly didn't follow any word or character limit, I just thoroughly explained my experience and let it be. Hope this helps !!!!!