2021 - 2022 Application Cycle

23 hours ago, JinaP said:

Hi, does anyone know if an online advance human physiology class will work? If it needs to be in person does anyone know where I can take it during the winter/spring semester

Hey, I emailed the program and they said that they would accept my online physiology course. I think they are accepting online classes but email them as well so they confirm your online class status. Hope this helps !

Hi all! I hope this is okay to ask but I recently got an email of them offering me an interview next week! Super excited but alas, I'm also very nervous lol. I was wondering what kind of interview style did anyone experienced? It doesn't have to be specific questions – anything general like 'oh they asked about GPAs or asked mostly behavioral questions' work well for me lol I just want some reassurance rn. Thank you all! Happy New Year too!

1 hour ago, dragonfruits said:

Hi all! I hope this is okay to ask but I recently got an email of them offering me an interview next week! Super excited but alas, I'm also very nervous lol. I was wondering what kind of interview style did anyone experienced? It doesn't have to be specific questions – anything general like 'oh they asked about GPAs or asked mostly behavioral questions' work well for me lol I just want some reassurance rn. Thank you all! Happy New Year too!

Hey when is your interview? 

23 hours ago, DGPA2024 said:

Hey, I emailed the program and they said that they would accept my online physiology course. I think they are accepting online classes but email them as well so they confirm your online class status. Hope this helps !

Hi do you mind if I ask you what school you are taking physiology in? 

On 1/3/2022 at 7:27 PM, dragonfruits said:

Look through this thread, a lot of us covered what to expect already. Good luck!

On 1/4/2022 at 6:23 PM, Palolo said:

Hi do you mind if I ask you what school you are taking physiology in? 

If this helps, Mercy sent out like an info packet and they actually have a few universities that offer online Human Phys (like Mercy specifically name-dropped them). I'm currently taking it at UNE (University of New England) because it was the "cheapest" and it was on their info packet that they gave me

Hey guys! 

So I just interviewed for the program this morning (1/7) and it was definitely a good experience! Like someone said earlier, everyone on the staff was super friendly and wanted to get to know more about you beyond school and PA. I would say definitely know why you want to be a PA, what a PA does, come up with some hobbies that you have besides school, and think about some potential situations that you may encounter when you’re a PA. The written question was just a short essay question that wasn’t super hard to answer, so don’t stress out too much about it! Good luck to everyone who still has to interview!!

Piggy back off of Tiff11, the interview was pretty straightforward. You got to meet some of the faculty, take a virtual tour of campus, speak with current students, and then you have a writing prompt and get shuffled off to two separate group interviews. They really just want to know about you and why you want to be a PA. Good luck to you all!

19 minutes ago, Tiff11 said:

Hey guys! 

So I just interviewed for the program this morning (1/7) and it was definitely a good experience! Like someone said earlier, everyone on the staff was super friendly and wanted to get to know more about you beyond school and PA. I would say definitely know why you want to be a PA, what a PA does, come up with some hobbies that you have besides school, and think about some potential situations that you may encounter when you’re a PA. The written question was just a short essay question that wasn’t super hard to answer, so don’t stress out too much about it! Good luck to everyone who still has to interview!!

10 hours ago, Pagirl19977 said:

What does the interview process look like? 

Mine was virtual because of the snowstorm here in NY last Friday but the format is pretty standard. There was a writing prompt before we began the interviews. We had two rounds of group interviews. My group was 3 people total. They asked traditional PA questions like why PA, what have you done to prepare, what do you feel is one of the hardest parts of being a PA, etc. There were also scenario ethical questions. Both interviews were pretty straightforward.