2021 - 2022 Application Cycle

Hey guys! Just wanted to spread info regarding the interview. I had mines yesterday in-person (on the coldest day in NYC apparently lol). Everyone was super sweet, dedicated to learning more about you as a person. Wasn't sure if it was the same as everyone else but I started off with the writing assignment -- which was very straight forward and not at all complicated (as long as you know what you want to convey). Afterwards, everyone was split up into groups and shuffled away to the rooms. The questions are straight forward too: some ethical/situational/scenarios, some traditional questions like why PA?, and some fun/personality questions. They've emphasized that they want to learn more about you as a person and beyond academics/medical, which I found really nice and helpful for me as it calmed my nerves down.

Tip: I would probably just brush up on your personality traits and what you want to convey to them. For me, I focused a lot on my adaptability and tenacity during my interviews. And you should really think about why Mercy for cohesion but that's a given lol

13 hours ago, dragonfruits said:

Hey guys! Just wanted to spread info regarding the interview. I had mines yesterday in-person (on the coldest day in NYC apparently lol). Everyone was super sweet, dedicated to learning more about you as a person. Wasn't sure if it was the same as everyone else but I started off with the writing assignment -- which was very straight forward and not at all complicated (as long as you know what you want to convey). Afterwards, everyone was split up into groups and shuffled away to the rooms. The questions are straight forward too: some ethical/situational/scenarios, some traditional questions like why PA?, and some fun/personality questions. They've emphasized that they want to learn more about you as a person and beyond academics/medical, which I found really nice and helpful for me as it calmed my nerves down.

Tip: I would probably just brush up on your personality traits and what you want to convey to them. For me, I focused a lot on my adaptability and tenacity during my interviews. And you should really think about why Mercy for cohesion but that's a given lol

Bub Lori said after the interview that it takes about 4 weeks. Also, I had an interview today. They asked traditional questions during the verbal interview and the written part was really about why do you want to be a PA and why did you choose the Mercy PA program. 
the interview process was simple. Don’t be nervous, you got this! 

18 hours ago, Eeg032 said:

I just received my acceptance from the interview on 1/6!!!! Gonna be a PA 🙂 is there an accepted students group? Also good luck everyone! 

Whoa congrats! May I ask how you felt during your interview? 😄 I heard that it was 2-4 weeks to hear back from them so its great that you heard back in 2 wks (or close to it)! 

I still haven't heard anything from the 01/07 interview. But they did say 4 weeks minimum so that's still another week to wait.