2021 - 2022 Application Cycle

@Sapereaude

Mercy College interviewed a total of 210 candidates this cycle as of last week. By your statement, not only the 60 spots have been decided but also, 300 students are on the waitlist magically without an interview. 

I would advise the admin of this page to ban fake troll accounts like these. They didn't interview 360 people to do all that. Please stop spreading lies for your own benefit 

I don’t wish to be misconstrued. The reply from Lori was “the class is full and if anyone should change their mind then we go to the waitlist”. I only mention the 300 students because of a person  from the 2019-2020 thread had mentioned such a long waitlist. You can read it yourself. 

1 hour ago, PrePA0816 said:

I just don’t get why they didn’t send a waitlist or rejection email… they did say 4 weeks

its been almost 8 weeks for me…

EXACTLY!!! They just left the rest of us hanging blind for no reason. They could have just sent out an email in two seconds giving us all a heads up. We shouldn't have had to email them constantly for updates when it was their responsibility to get back to us in a reasonable time frame. There is no reason you or I should be almost 8 weeks out with no formal decision when we were told at the interview 4 weeks. And from what I've been told by previous students the communication is not much better if you do actually become a student.

6 minutes ago, Truthbomb said:

Lori said today only 60% of spots are given so far. 40% of seats are still left and the committee meets Thursday this week for further emails and invites. Every one who hasn't gotten a formal rejection is still in 

7 hours ago, sapereaude said:

I don’t wish to be misconstrued. The reply from Lori was “the class is full and if anyone should change their mind then we go to the waitlist”. I only mention the 300 students because of a person  from the 2019-2020 thread had mentioned such a long waitlist. You can read it yourself. 

I received the same email as Sapereaude, so it is weird that we are getting conflicting reports from the same source. I guess this means we still have a glimmer of hope to hold onto though lol. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Sminpa2025 said:

Have you tried reaching out to Lori?

I've reached out to her twice before I saw in the forum that apparently the class was full. I didn't think I should be reaching out again to see if I was rejected or not, tbqh. But at the same time, I don't know how many emails I should do before I reach the 'annoying' emailer lol

I did my interview back in early January and its been more than 2 months so I've affected my fate at this point pfft.

Hi, I just spoke with Lori Bub (lbub@mercy.edu) who said that you can reach out to her for specific questions like this. However, she also told me that typically online courses are accepted for classes such as General Biology II if it is from an accredited institution and the course must also include a lab portion to be accepted. 

For anything beyond this you can reach out to Lori if you want more information tailored to your certain situation. 

If you or any other accepted student has not joined the Facebook page you can go ahead and request to do so by clicking on the link below.  It will be easier to get your questions answered on there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4998592050220087

-mercypas

3 hours ago, mercypastudent23 said:

Hi, I just spoke with Lori Bub (lbub@mercy.edu) who said that you can reach out to her for specific questions like this. However, she also told me that typically online courses are accepted for classes such as General Biology II if it is from an accredited institution and the course must also include a lab portion to be accepted. 

For anything beyond this you can reach out to Lori if you want more information tailored to your certain situation. 

If you or any other accepted student has not joined the Facebook page you can go ahead and request to do so by clicking on the link below.  It will be easier to get your questions answered on there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4998592050220087

-mercypas

Hi! Thank you for this response! I am hoping to go through portage, which is accredited but just wanted to make sure.