UTRGV 2021-2022 Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 11:07 AM, blandry said:

Anyone recently have communication verifying that their materials have all been submitted? I was verified and submitted CASPA on 6/14, and I still have "missing materials" including my CASPA on my portal. 

I had to email them regarding my portal. Everything had been sent over and they said they were having issues locating everything but about a week and a half later, they updated it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I submitted my CASPA on May 31, verified on June 2nd. On June 28, I received an email stating that they have completed my initial review, and they will now consider my application for interview. Interviews projected to begin in November, so now I take on the long waiting period before an interview invite. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FUTUREPAAA2022 said:

Mines says that also and I submitted weeks ago. I emailed them and they said they’re busy during this time but it will be updated according.

I got mine fixed a couple of weeks ago and it took about a week! I had submitted early June and they had never attached my GRE scores until i reminded them for the 2nd time. I would make sure to email: mari.montelongo@utrgv.edu, she was super fast and helpful!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 2:13 PM, earielusting said:

I got mine fixed a couple of weeks ago and it took about a week! I had submitted early June and they had never attached my GRE scores until i reminded them for the 2nd time. I would make sure to email: mari.montelongo@utrgv.edu, she was super fast and helpful!!

I know the GRE Scores are also waived

On 9/1/2021 at 3:48 PM, sflores said:

They revoked the waiver from last year and are requiring the GRE for this cycle, unless you were referring to having a master's...

So they had waived the GRE up until June and grad central wasn't aware that they had revoked it, so I called 5 times throughout the year just to check on my application and see what I was missing and every time they assured me the GRE was waived until I got a call yesterday and found out. I spoke to Amanda Vargas and she said other people are in the same situation, & it's not a fun one haha, but if anyone else is in the same pickle here, they said they will still look at applications and invite you to an interview but you cant matriculate without the GRE score. Amanda Vargas also stated to just to take the GRE at the earliest time possible just incase. I also had an email from them stating the GRE was waived... so it was a messy situation 😕 

Edited by Geneva

Hey everyone! First time applicant here, good luck to everybody! I submitted my CASPA middle of august and was verified within 24 hours and submitted my UTRGV app middle of July but they had several issues finalizing it.  They said they didn't receive my GRE even though I had emails saying it was sent and they didn't receive one of my official transcripts even though I also had proof it was sent and delivered.  Ended up sending transcript 3 times and after several emails and phone calls everything was pushed through on Aug 30th, just in the knick of time. Have only gotten one email from graduate office saying it was under review from the program.  Hope no one else had these issues as it was extremely stressful. 

Anyway, best of luck to you all!

I had the same problem! Sent many many emails and called and they reassured that all my application was complete and they have received everything in order to update my GRE. Months later it wasn’t updated and I contacted them to make sure I don’t miss the deadline. Stressful but we got it resolved..and I hope I get an interview!!

Good Luck everyone!