UTRGV 2021-2022 Cycle

On 9/2/2021 at 6:41 PM, Geneva said:

So they had waived the GRE up until June and grad central wasn't aware that they had revoked it, so I called 5 times throughout the year just to check on my application and see what I was missing and every time they assured me the GRE was waived until I got a call yesterday and found out. I spoke to Amanda Vargas and she said other people are in the same situation, & it's not a fun one haha, but if anyone else is in the same pickle here, they said they will still look at applications and invite you to an interview but you cant matriculate without the GRE score. Amanda Vargas also stated to just to take the GRE at the earliest time possible just incase. I also had an email from them stating the GRE was waived... so it was a messy situation 😕 

Ah I see, that is so frustrating! Well, at least you're still going to be considered and you have a chance to take it! And I'm assuming you've seen the latest email regarding the 90-day extension. 

1 hour ago, Sdmedin said:

How was the interview for you?

I thought it went fairly well. Faculty is super nice and explains the day very well. Just make sure you have good internet connection for Zoom, but other than that they navigate you to the different rooms via zoom so you don't have to worry about doing navigating yourself. 

31 minutes ago, mgarrison said:

I just received an interview invite for November 9th! Verified at the end of June. 

Also, I want to add that this is my first interview invite! I am so honored and excited. I have been waiting so long to hear back from a program. For those of you who have not heard back yet, do not give up hope!

• Like 3