2021-2022 Stony Brook Application Thread

On 12/15/2021 at 8:03 AM, FeelTheMusicPA said:

And who are you to tell anyone what to do, to calm down like we only have a right to flowery expressions, give advice, or inquire about any communications persons made to the program? Let me help you out: this is a forum. ALL feedback, concerns, and opinions are welcomed here. You just created an account 7 hours ago just to post a response. So let me clue you in how this works. Nobody asked you to come on here to create an account to defend the program or the person posing under that other account. Use that energy to actually hear what prospective students, current students, and graduated students are saying AND make the necessary changes to improve. It’s simple. Now go enjoy your day! I know I will. 

Ok, I think that your negative (borderline nasty) responses have gone a bit too far.  So I am going to email you with my name and contact information, let's see if your willing to not hide behind a screen name.  I agree with the other student,  you should probably cross STony Brook off your list, you are too bitter to even consider going there

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, prospectivepa21 said:

I reached out through email and they got back to me today. Placed on the alternate list, praying to receive a call at some point in the future. Best of luck to everyone still awaiting decisions.

Congratulations! That is an accomplishment in itself. I hope I'm not stepping out of any boundaries here by asking what number are you on the alternate list? I'm trying to gauge how many they add to that list! Best of luck!!! 

3 hours ago, jenprepa2022 said:

Ok, I think that your negative (borderline nasty) responses have gone a bit too far.  So I am going to email you with my name and contact information, let's see if your willing to not hide behind a screen name.  I agree with the other student,  you should probably cross STony Brook off your list, you are too bitter to even consider going there

Nobody hiding behind no screen delusional girl. There’s no point to engage with you. Waste of time and energy. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, PA2020NY said:

FeelTheMusicPA, Let’s just say there is a lot going on with this program that people don’t know. Whoever is considering this program please look into how many students are thrown out of the program and it’s not one or two students. For a program like this the number is shocking. The program doesn’t help students succeed. 

Many SUNY schools have raised ample amount of criticism about the lack of diversity at Stonybrook’s PA program. For a school in New York to have this issue is an absolute shame.  

And before anyone tries to attack me for posting this please don’t because I know the ins and outs of this school starting from when they threw out their program director and the politics behind that! 

Get ready, Here comes the two dummy accounts ran by the program in 3, 2, 1

Thank you for sharing! 

2 minutes ago, FeelTheMusicPA said:

Nobody hiding behind no screen delusional girl. There’s no point to engage with you. Waste of time and energy. 

That is what I thought lol!  I feel bad for you.  you call people names, and your nasty, and you think that you have the right to talk to people like that.  A flawed character is never attractive, but the good thing is most people reading your nasty posts realize that with each one you type, you discredit your self more and more.  There are many people who take years trying to get into pa school like you, and they don't attack people and call people names on this forum.  And they don't do that because they know that acting like that is unprofessional and simply not nice.  I just hope that the schools that you applied to don't read all of these and figure out who you are.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, jenprepa2022 said:

That is what I thought lol!  I feel bad for you.  you call people names, and your nasty, and you think that you have the right to talk to people like that.  A flawed character is never attractive, but the good thing is most people reading your nasty posts realize that with each one you type, you discredit your self more and more.  There are many people who take years trying to get into pa school like you, and they don't attack people and call people names on this forum.  And they don't do that because they know that acting like that is unprofessional and simply not nice.  I just hope that the schools that you applied to don't read all of these and figure out who you are.

Was this suppose to make me feel bad? It didn’t. This the Internet. You must understand your character analysis/assessment of me means nothing because delusional girl you don’t know me. 

The TRUTH hurts. Feel free to nurse or heal your wounds elsewhere NOT HERE. 

We will CONTINUE to utilize this forum for its intended purpose which is for prospective, current, and graduated students to speak FREELY. 

Stop messaging me and go do something productive. 

1 minute ago, FeelTheMusicPA said:

Was this suppose to make me feel bad? It didn’t. This the Internet. You must understand your character analysis/assessment of me means nothing because delusional girl you don’t know me. 

The TRUTH hurts. Feel free to nurse or heal your wounds elsewhere NOT HERE. 

We will CONTINUE to utilize this forum for its intended purpose which is for prospective, current, and graduated students to speak FREELY. 

Stop messaging me and go do something productive. 

It is not analysis/assessment its your continued behavior which no normal PA student would ever behave like this.  Your on a war path against a school you don't know about and applied to?  LOL yes, makes perfect sense.  And like you, I can post freely and message freely anyone I want.  I will not be spoken to in a disrespectful manner by an individual who clearly has issues.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, jenprepa2022 said:

It is not analysis/assessment its your continued behavior which no normal PA student would ever behave like this.  Your on a war path against a school you don't know about and applied to?  LOL yes, makes perfect sense.  And like you, I can post freely and message freely anyone I want.  I will not be spoken to in a disrespectful manner by an individual who clearly has issues.

Whatever you say delusional girl. Like I said you don’t know me. Your words hold no value to me and won’t altar one thing I or anyone else previously stated about this program. So what’s your end goal here since you want to continue to go back and forward?

But since you know so much, well connected, and riding so hard, address PA2020NY comments.

Let’s hear it. 

Edited by FeelTheMusicPA

1 minute ago, FeelTheMusicPA said:

Whatever you say delusional girl. Like I said you don’t know me. Your words hold no value to me and won’t altar one thing I or anyone else previously stated about this program. So what’s your end goal here since you want to continue to go back and forward?

But since you know so much, well connected, and riding so hard address, PA2020NY comments.

Let’s hear it. 

I am happy to, and my end goal is to set the record straight, my classmates and I worked very hard to get in here and will not allow individuals trash our program with information that is simply not true.  As for PA 2020, I laughed when I read the post.  Our program has 40% minority enrollment consistently, and as for throwing students out, lol.  In every PA program it is common for one or two students to not "make the mark" in the basic sciences.  Bottom line is you have to pass exams.  Crazy right?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jenprepa2022 said:

I am happy to, and my end goal is to set the record straight, my classmates and I worked very hard to get in here and will not allow individuals trash our program with information that is simply not true.  As for PA 2020, I laughed when I read the post.  Our program has 40% minority enrollment consistently, and as for throwing students out, lol.  In every PA program it is common for one or two students to not "make the mark" in the basic sciences.  Bottom line is you have to pass exams.  Crazy right?

Here you go @PA2020NY 😂

She claims she’s a student. Jessica Vasquez. 

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, DogecoinMillionaire said:

The final round of interviews was on Nov 16. They have not responded to most people, and have said it would be mid-December to get a response but it seems like that is unlikely and it's looking more like late-December now. I myself am still waiting to hear post-interview.

I ended up emailing them yesterday and got a pretty prompt response this morning basically saying they've been having a hard time managing the large volume of applicants and that I should be expecting a rejection letter soon, oh well, perhaps next cycle haha. Good luck to everyone else!

To be honest, reading this thread has made me incredibly disheartened… I committed to this program and rejected all other offers a few months ago. I felt genuine excitement about the start of my new career. I am disappointed to see how much conflict there has been. I definitely believe and acknowledge all the grievances stated by the current students, but I also have no choice but to believe I will leave this program a competent PA! Would current or past PA students be willing to share their positive experiences from Stony? Just to keep spirits up 🙂

Edited by prePAgrace05
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, prePAgrace05 said:

To be honest, reading this thread has made me incredibly disheartened… I committed to this program and rejected all other offers a few months ago. I felt genuine excitement about the start of my new career. I am disappointed to see how much conflict there has been. I definitely believe and acknowledge all the grievances stated by the current students, but I also have no choice but to believe I will leave this program a competent PA! Would current or past PA students be willing to share their positive experiences from Stony? Just to keep spirits up 🙂

Hey prePAgrace05! I was reading through this thread when I saw your post so I had to make an account and comment.

Like you, I also committed to this program and rejected all offers from other PA programs. As we all know, PA school is difficult and this program being shorter at 24 months than most programs may definitely contribute to it being more fast paced...as stated by other students the environment is really supportive amongst students.

In the end, you can't satisfy every person that attends a program and there will be grievances. I don't think you should let that dishearten you though...I imagine you've worked intensively over your pre-PA career to get an acceptance to a program like SB (which is one of the best programs in the country - tied for 15th rank in the nation).

I've shadowed an ER PA who attended this program who was absolutely brilliant and other PAs who work with Stony Brook graduate PAs have had nothing but good things to say about them. Every experience if what YOU make it to be.

Simply put, don't be disheartened but excited to start this new journey in an amazing and immensely rewarding profession.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, prePAgrace05 said:

As a current student, I can say that previous postings by students were a bit exaggerated to a degree. Sure, there are things that the program could (and should) do better. For example, there are definitely issues with the teleconferencing system we use to have simultaneous lectures across both campuses that sometimes lead to ridiculous delays in lecture start times. Also, there are times where the program is not prepared for what they had planned for the day (for example, not having materials for certain labs ready). But overall, most (albeit not all) of the faculty are great and they care about their students and are willing to go the extra mile to help students IF students take initiative and reach out to them. Classmates are all super supportive of each other also and I've never had a classmate hesitate to help me if I needed it! I'm sure you'll have the same kind of support and camaraderie with your future classmates. PA school is a mixed bag wherever you choose to go! It's about making the best of your situation. 

However, I just want you all to know that jenprepa2022 is definitely a program employee/administrator and it is bizarre and embarrassing that she is engaging in back-and-forths with applicants... While it wasn't professional for current students to air their grievances out on this forum thread for applicants, it's also unprofessional for the program to pose as fellow applicants or students and bicker with you all over concerns you may have about coming here. 

Edited by PAStony
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 12/15/2021 at 10:27 PM, AlliBess said:

Hi, can someone please tell me if I've been horribly stupid. I probably should have reached out to them sooner, but will tomorrow. I haven't heard anything at all? I sent my supplemental application on July 18 and haven't heard anything from them since. No confirmation of them receiving my supplemental, no interview invite, no rejection email... am I missing something? Is this common??

Definitely not just you. Me as well. Least organized and transparent process out of all the schools I applied too. Definitely needs an overhaul or recharge.

So any word on anything at all? Lol. Let’s be honest this school is good for one thing, tuition. 65k is better than 130k any day of the week. Other than that you get everything else that you would with city run and state run schools like the extreme slowness to get anything done and lack of transparency. It doesn’t matter if you are pro stony or have built up anger against it, we can all agree that this is ridiculous. It’s about to be 2022 and still no word post nov 16 interview. How exciting. 🙄🙄

Although this school is slightly inexpensive, if you will be going to SH campus rent is not cheap specially now with the real state going up. Rent is around $1,200+ For a room a month and is very hard to find it. If you are choosing this program because of $$ tuition, also think about how much you will be spending in rent and food, like I said SH is very expensive to live in. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...