2021-2022 Stony Brook Application Thread

On 5/14/2021 at 1:17 PM, mfrax21 said:

Hello everyone, just wanted to get this year's thread going!

I submitted 5/8, verified 5/10, submitted supplemental 5/14.

Did you get a verification when you submitted your supplemental? 

I submitted 5/13, supplemental 5/16, verified 5/17

And good luck!

21 hours ago, Cunnk said:

Did you get a verification when you submitted your supplemental? 

I submitted 5/13, supplemental 5/16, verified 5/17

And good luck!

Nope. I checked last year's forum and a lot of people said they did not get confirmation that their app/supp was received. They only got notified for interview dates. And thanks, you too!

Submitted May 30 th, supplemental paid May 30th, verified May 3rd, supplemental submitted May 8th.

I didn't receive a confirmation of anything, so I emailed them on May 18th and received a very odd response back:

"if im replying to this email that means I have the supplemental" ... With no capitalization or punctuation. Now I feel bad even asking.

😢

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 5:34 PM, sonson said:

Submitted May 30 th, supplemental paid May 30th, verified May 3rd, supplemental submitted May 8th.

I didn't receive a confirmation of anything, so I emailed them on May 18th and received a very odd response back:

"if im replying to this email that means I have the supplemental" ... With no capitalization or punctuation. Now I feel bad even asking.

😢

stony has a VERY informal way of communicating so don't feel bad! it's honestly amusing sometimes when you get past it 😂😂

On 6/25/2021 at 1:54 AM, prepaTracy said:

stony has a VERY informal way of communicating so don't feel bad! it's honestly amusing sometimes when you get past it 😂😂

Do you think that an informal response is a reflection of the school.  I guess I feel differently I can appreciate how many hundreds of emails they get and the fact that a school respond makes me happy

On 6/26/2021 at 5:55 PM, prepa2021or2022 said:

Do you think that an informal response is a reflection of the school.  I guess I feel differently I can appreciate how many hundreds of emails they get and the fact that a school respond makes me happy

Personally, not really. I went to an informational earlier this year and they were very organised and presented the program very professionally. I just assume that they receive so many emails on the daily that they don't have much time for formalities

Potentially stupid question, but on Stony Brook's CASPA section, it says there's a supplemental application, but I've only found the supplemental fee paying page. Is there something I'm missing? Do you fill out a supplemental app after the fee or is it just the fee? I tried calling, a few months ago and then a month after that and then again yesterday... probably should have just submitted the first time even though I wasn't sure, but I just didn't want to miss something and mess it up.

11 hours ago, AlliBess said:

Potentially stupid question, but on Stony Brook's CASPA section, it says there's a supplemental application, but I've only found the supplemental fee paying page. Is there something I'm missing? Do you fill out a supplemental app after the fee or is it just the fee? I tried calling, a few months ago and then a month after that and then again yesterday... probably should have just submitted the first time even though I wasn't sure, but I just didn't want to miss something and mess it up.

After you fill out your information and pay, you'll receive an email with the supplemental 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...