2021-2022 Stony Brook Application Thread

How long does it take to get the acceptance email from Mrs. Perrino after getting the call? I got the call yesterday but I think I blacked out after she told me 😭 Good luck to everyone!! Just be yourself and everything will work out how it’s meant to be! God got us!! 

Edited by PAstu2022

On 9/7/2021 at 2:12 PM, rnel97 said:

Anyone who already interviewed - is the interview with faculty one on one?

2 hours ago, PAstu2022 said:

How long does it take to get the acceptance email from Mrs. Perrino after getting the call? I got the call yesterday but I think I blacked out after she told me 😭 Good luck to everyone!! Just be yourself and everything will work out how it’s meant to be! God got us!! 

The grad admissions office can take up to three weeks to send the email it does not come from Audra Perrino who is the Director of Admissions for the PA program

33 minutes ago, pas2024 said:

Same here! Besides accepting the offer from the solar system, do you know what else do we need to do at the moment?

i don’t think so! they just said we need to complete bls certification and those health forms before june. audra will probably keep us updated on things we need to complete. other than that i’m doing my fafsa

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pas2024 said:

Same here! Besides accepting the offer from the solar system, do you know what else do we need to do at the moment?

You do not need to do anything, audra will be in touch early spring with what the next steps are.  The health form and bls cannot be done now has to be done next may so it is current during the 2 years in the program

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, PAest2023 said:

I was accepted on 9/3 and I interviewed on 8/19. I was accepted to the HSC campus. I found this interview to be the most challenging out of all the ones I’ve done so far. It’s clearly true that you always interview better than you think. Good luck to everyone! 🙂

Just curious why did you find it so challenging?

Hi friends! 

First of all, congrats to everyone who’s been accepted and good luck to everyone waiting on a call! 

I have a question about the application. I‘ve been working on the app, paid the $100 for access to the supplemental (which surprised me since most schools have you pay when you submit it), and was going to turn everything in by the beginning of next week. I have a biochem course in progress and almost done, but didn’t think that was an issue since the admissions requirements page states all prereq courses should be completed at the time of an interview. HOWEVER I was just made aware that the FAQ page says they all have to be done by August. So definitely conflicting messages. I emailed the admissions department, and they sent an email back stating “we want all grades posted in august as stated on our website.” But the main page everyone looks at for admissions requirements doesn’t say anything about having it in by August…so anyway I’m all flustered because it looks like I can’t apply there anymore, but I already paid the $100 supplemental fee. Hopefully I can get that back. But I’m wondering if anyone else had this issue or noticed the inconsistency? 

1EFC75D2-BA3C-4212-B873-79B738C93247.jpeg

4 hours ago, Khill0523 said:

Hi friends! 

First of all, congrats to everyone who’s been accepted and good luck to everyone waiting on a call! 

I have a question about the application. I‘ve been working on the app, paid the $100 for access to the supplemental (which surprised me since most schools have you pay when you submit it), and was going to turn everything in by the beginning of next week. I have a biochem course in progress and almost done, but didn’t think that was an issue since the admissions requirements page states all prereq courses should be completed at the time of an interview. HOWEVER I was just made aware that the FAQ page says they all have to be done by August. So definitely conflicting messages. I emailed the admissions department, and they sent an email back stating “we want all grades posted in august as stated on our website.” But the main page everyone looks at for admissions requirements doesn’t say anything about having it in by August…so anyway I’m all flustered because it looks like I can’t apply there anymore, but I already paid the $100 supplemental fee. Hopefully I can get that back. But I’m wondering if anyone else had this issue or noticed the inconsistency? 

they usually start interviews in august and expect all prereqs to be done by then so it’s kinda the same information, just worded differently. when i applied earlier on, they confirmed that they wanted it done by august 1st so unfortunately i don’t think you’ll be selected to interview or get your $100 back

On 9/17/2021 at 3:56 PM, Khill0523 said:

Hi friends! 

I think they are pretty clear that they will only consider complete applicants, which makes sense given the amount of applications they get every year.  I don't think that this is conflicting information, I think that its pretty clear

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 8:12 PM, Ambulance2ER said:

Has anyone who has been accepted received any official letter or email? I got my call today and was so excited I did not even think to ask which campus I was accepted to or what to do next. Any further info anyone has I would be super appreciative of, I just don't want to miss something important! 

Congratulations to everyone accepted so far. Can those accepted clarify whether they received an email or not with preference of campus? I never got one and I’m wondering if that’s a bad sign. Thanks. 

On 9/24/2021 at 9:19 PM, FeelTheMusicPA said:

Congratulations to everyone accepted so far. Can those accepted clarify whether they received an email or not with preference of campus? I never got one and I’m wondering if that’s a bad sign. Thanks. 

I was accepted and assigned to a campus, I was never asked for a campus preference. 

• Upvote 1