2021-2022 Stony Brook Application Thread

Question about the interview for anyone who got the Google invite yesterday: is the actual interview at a later date or are the welcome, orientation, and interview all on the 19th? The initial email says interviews will be in the summer AND fall starting August 19th. The invite yesterday said “Interview welcome and orientation”.  

On 8/4/2021 at 6:53 AM, ahzt986 said:

Question about the interview for anyone who got the Google invite yesterday: is the actual interview at a later date or are the welcome, orientation, and interview all on the 19th? The initial email says interviews will be in the summer AND fall starting August 19th. The invite yesterday said “Interview welcome and orientation”.  

I believe they are all on the same date! If you are unsure tho, I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call or email Audra!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JessLPrePA said:

Did people receive confirmation emails after emailing their supplemental application? I applied about a month ago and have not received anything back to confirm.

I applied 5/10 and submitted my supplemental 5/14. I didn’t hear anything about them receiving my supplemental and I saw from previous years lot of people didn’t either. But I did receive an interview invite in mid July. If you emailed them the supplemental, they probably got it. If you’re still nervous and want to make sure, I’m sure you can shoot them an email to confirm if they got it or not. 

On 8/9/2021 at 10:53 PM, Jul92 said:

Hey everyone, does anyone know if the PA students learn with other graduate students in different programs at Stony Brook? Do they every work/learn with the medical school students?

Anatomy is with PT and RT students, no other courses are with other graduate students.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:53 PM, Jul92 said:

Hey everyone, does anyone know if the PA students learn with other graduate students in different programs at Stony Brook? Do they every work/learn with the medical school students?

SB PA students take cadaver anatomy with PTs and Respiratory care, and medical physio with Respiratory.  They have clinical rotations with medical students.

Edited by CornellSPA
add

On 8/26/2021 at 2:23 PM, CornellSPA said:

SB PA students take cadaver anatomy with PTs and Respiratory care, and medical physio with Respiratory.  They have clinical rotations with medical students.

We no longer take physiology with any other program (I’m a first year SBU PA student and we’re currently taking it)!