2021-2022 application cycle

5 minutes ago, sanaz said:

Hi EVERYBODY,

Do you guys know if its gonna be too late if I apply by end of jun since I am still waiting on one of my grades to be posted on my transcript?

No, not too late. Last year a few people on the forums got interview invites who applied in July. 

Hi!  Wishing everyone the best of luck during this application cycle.  I am a re-applicant & very hopeful for this cycle!  CASPA app was submitted on 5/11, verified on 5/12.

Education: Bachelor’s in Holistic Health & Wellness, with a Psychology minor

Patient Care: 9,432 hours (as a clinical trials coordinator, phlebotomist, PT tech)

Healthcare: 3,680 hours

Volunteer/Shadowing: 781 hours (gynecological oncology, pediatric oncology, integrative medicine)

Teaching: 315 hours

1 hour ago, ARHEES said:

They don't have a supplemental application do they? 

No supplemental application. Email says that the evaluation process will begin 8/2. 

Edit: I do believe they have one later on though. My friend who’s a Davis grad PA says they send it to you after the interview. 

Edited by bobafiend
Secondary after interview
  • Thanks 1

Just some words of encouragement for upcoming applicants. I applied on the very final day UCD was accepting applications last cycle, I was in the first interview group, was waitlisted and later accepted! My advice would be to prepare for the interview as if you WILL be interviewed considering I only had 2 weeks from the date of notice of interview until the actual interview! They send out interview invites late September (9/28 for me) and conducted all interviews throughout October (10/13 for me).

For those that will ask my stats:

cGPA:3.55 Bio Major

sGPA:3.45

PCE:~1000 at submission as TMS tech

HCE:~900 ER Admitting Clerk

Volunteer:250 hrs

Research: 400 Pediatric neuropathology

Shadowing: 30 MD and 0 PA

UCD takes a holistic approach on admissions. Diversity (not just ethnicity or nationality) through experience and cultural upbringing as well as a desire to serve in underrepresented communities can play a big part in your acceptance so emphasizing and demonstrating this in your PS and interviews would be highly beneficial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1