2021-2022 application cycle

46 minutes ago, sanaz said:

hi everybody 🙂

anybody knows where can I find my sGPA? I only see my undergrad GPA on my CASPA application

The way I viewed mine was first downloading the PDF file of my CASPA application (any school works just fine) and scrolling to the middle of the document. There should be a green page next to your transcript entry with a breakdown of all your GPA values. Science GPA, overall GPA, senior GPA, non-science GPA, etc. Hope this helps!

What class is the one with the 1.5 units? If it’s not a pre-requisite, I would probably just round down to 1. Then submit and hope CASPA accepts it. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bobafiend said:

The way I viewed mine was first downloading the PDF file of my CASPA application (any school works just fine) and scrolling to the middle of the document. There should be a green page next to your transcript entry with a breakdown of all your GPA values. Science GPA, overall GPA, senior GPA, non-science GPA, etc. Hope this helps!

What class is the one with the 1.5 units? If it’s not a pre-requisite, I would probably just round down to 1. Then submit and hope CASPA accepts it. 

You beat me to the punch @bobafiend!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bobafiend said:

the only GPA mine shows is undergraduate GPA 😞

I am afraid that I did something wrong

1 minute ago, sanaz said:

the only GPA mine shows is undergraduate GPA 😞

I am afraid that I did something wrong

That doesn't sound right. Did you type in your transcripts? Or did you pay for the CASPA service?

My app has a long list of GPA's. Many different sub-categories. I'd call CASPA to see if you can quickly fix it before you hit any submission deadlines

- Jake

• Upvote 1

Just now, sanaz said:

oh wow, I dont see this 😞

do you think is because its not verified by caspa yet? I just submitted tonught

Oh, then definitely yes!! I mean I only saw this after I received the email from CASPA saying my app was verified. 

You are probably fine. 🙂 Wait for the email!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobafiend said:

Oh, then definitely yes!! I mean I only saw this after I received the email from CASPA saying my app was verified. 

You are probably fine. 🙂 Wait for the email!

thank you so much, you save me from getting a heart attack tonight since my undergrad GPA is very low lol

• Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 7:55 PM, sanaz said:

I did the same, I will try to call them tomorrow. also one of my courses is 1.5 unit credeit how do i enter that? caspa doesnt accept 1,5 😞

When you’re entering units, there’s a drop down box to the right of the units box that has .5 as an option. 

9 minutes ago, alysd said:

When you’re entering units, there’s a drop down box to the right of the units box that has .5 as an option. 

I even called CASPA and they didnt know this 😞

do you tink if I call them tomorrow they will fix it for me since I already submitted my aplication?

Just now, sanaz said:

I even called CASPA and they didnt know this 😞

do you tink if I call them tomorrow they will fix it for me since I already submitted my aplication?

When they verify your app they should catch errors like this for you. I wouldn’t stress too much.  

I would encourage you to take these types of questions to the general discussion board of this website, CASPA help boards, Facebook pre-PA groups etc. This thread is specifically about UC Davis applicants, so some folks may find it to be an annoyance to keep getting notifications for posts unrelated to Davis. Good luck! 

On 6/9/2021 at 10:49 PM, alysd said:

When they verify your app they should catch errors like this for you. I wouldn’t stress too much.  

I would encourage you to take these types of questions to the general discussion board of this website, CASPA help boards, Facebook pre-PA groups etc. This thread is specifically about UC Davis applicants, so some folks may find it to be an annoyance to keep getting notifications for posts unrelated to Davis. Good luck! 

I agree with you. thank you 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

I'm a 1st year student accepted this past cycle! I'll be popping in occasionally and see how I can help. 🙂 

I saw alot of posts about science GPA. Just a heads up, Davis looks at different GPAs compared to what other schools traditionally use. For science GPA, they do not use the overall science. They use prereq science GPA, which only includes your grades for Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Chemistry, and Microbiology with labs! (CASPA doesn't calculate this fyi). 

Similarly, they look at your baccalaureate GPA and do not use the overall GPA. That said, if you repeated courses at your university and did "grade forgiveness," it will count for Davis only! (CASPA doesn't do grade forgiveness for their overall GPA calculations). 

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

Hi everyone,

I'm a 1st year student accepted this past cycle! I'll be popping in occasionally and see how I can help. 🙂 

I saw alot of posts about science GPA. Just a heads up, Davis looks at different GPAs compared to what other schools traditionally use. For science GPA, they do not use the overall science. They use prereq science GPA, which only includes your grades for Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Chemistry, and Microbiology with labs! (CASPA doesn't calculate this fyi). 

Similarly, they look at your baccalaureate GPA and do not use the overall GPA. That said, if you repeated courses at your university and did "grade forgiveness," it will count for Davis only! (CASPA doesn't do grade forgiveness for their overall GPA calculations). 

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone! 

thank you for the infos. that was very helpful 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 1:21 PM, Jake408 said:

Thanks for the update @FromMic2Meds. I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us updated on your progress!

@TAIsbell , thank you also for giving us all an update. Best of luck too you! You have a very strong application and stats. I admire all the shadowing hours you have. You also have a ton of PCE. How is your cGPA and sGPA?

- Jake

Thank you @Jake408 I wish you the best of luck too! My cGPA is 3.5 and sGPA is 3.4! My sGPA took into account courses that I retook to improve my grade, so I let each program know of this and to request if they could calculate my GPA excluding the repeated courses. 

• Like 1