University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (UMHB) 2021-2022 Cycle

25 minutes ago, kmarshburn said:

On the interview day, they told us that we could either hear from them shortly after the interview or we wouldn't hear from them until early September, after all of the interviews have been conducted. I have suspected and come to the conclusion that if the admissions committee is definite about your acceptance, they will go ahead and call you shortly after the interview (some got phone calls the same day, some got phone calls a couple of days later). I suspect that if the admissions committee is definite about your rejection to the program, they will go ahead and tell you. Finally, I suspect that if the admissions committee thinks you are a "maybe" or "not sure" after your interview, they will wait until all of the interviews have been conducted before they re-evaluate and make their final decision. Personally, I interviewed on July 23rd and have not yet heard back from the school, but I am patiently waiting to hear back in early September after all of the interviews occur, like they mentioned. 

As for the MMI question, I do not want to be specific with my answer. Just know that they explain their MMI process very thoroughly on the day of interview. Also, their MMI process is so well organized and thought out that it made me relaxed and less nervous . 

Thank you so much for the time and effort you put in replying to us! I really appreciate it. It was really helpful. Best of luck to you!!

Edited by wannabeapac
  • Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 12:08 AM, Elsebond said:

Hey there, does anyone know, maybe someone who’s interviewed or knows the school how much religion plays into daily life attending the college, specifically the PA program?

Thanks!

I'm currently a student in this PA program. UMHB is definitely a faith-based community but we have many students, including within the PA program, who come from different backgrounds. I will say the faculty are unapologetic in their Christian faith- they often will have prayer over the students before an exam or during some type of celebration/dinner. We do NOT have any mandatory chapel or faith-based coursework, but there is one faith elective you can take if you want. That just applies to the PA students- I am unfamiliar with the rest of campus. This is an amazing school and PA program, I love it here. We are a Christ-Center community, that will be very obvious, but we are inclusive of everyone. It is like a loving family here. Truly.

Also just looking at some of the questions here, there was NO deposit for our incoming class of 2023. This was because we were technically awaiting provisional accreditation by the ARC-PA, so they did not ask for a deposit in the case if for some reason we were not accredited. This year will be different for class of 2024, when it comes to deposits, but I do not have information on any specific amount. 

Edited by Txbluebonnet
  • Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 11:50 AM, Txbluebonnet said:

I'm currently a student in this PA program. UMHB is definitely a faith-based community but we have many students, including within the PA program, who come from different backgrounds. I will say the faculty are unapologetic in their Christian faith- they often will have prayer over the students before an exam or during some type of celebration/dinner. We do NOT have any mandatory chapel or faith-based coursework, but there is one faith elective you can take if you want. That just applies to the PA students- I am unfamiliar with the rest of campus. This is an amazing school and PA program, I love it here. We are a Christ-Center community, that will be very obvious, but we are inclusive of everyone. It is like a loving family here. Truly.

Also just looking at some of the questions here, there was NO deposit for our incoming class of 2023. This was because we were technically awaiting provisional accreditation by the ARC-PA, so they did not ask for a deposit in the case if for some reason we were not accredited. This year will be different for class of 2024, when it comes to deposits, but I do not have information on any specific amount. 

Thank you for your detailed response - that is super helpful, I appreciate it!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 8:26 PM, kmarshburn said:

Hi there! Although I have not received a notification of acceptance (yet?), I did interview in July and I think I can help answer this question! According to the discussion forum from the previous cycle, the deposit amount was $500 to reserve your seat, but I do not know how long this school gives you to submit your deposit to reserve your seat. I have noticed that other schools give you 2-3 weeks to submit the deposit. 

Thank you for your answer! 😁 Are those interview questions all scenario based? And are they difficult?

• Like 1

I spoke to Dr. Kutter today, explaining that I would not be enrolling in the program this spring. I’ve had the great opportunity to be accepted into my home university, therefore leaving a vacancy in the coming cohort. I want to wish everyone on the waitlist good luck! Hopefully someone will hear something soon!

• Like 4