University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (UMHB) 2021-2022 Cycle

I submitted my CASPA application on May 31, 2021 and verified on June 2, 2021. I received an email on June 2, 2021 from UMHB stating my application was under review. I received an email with an interview invitation on July 6, 2021 for the July 23, 2021 interview date. Excited!! Congrats to those who have been accepted thus far. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 10:52 PM, alys925 said:

Congrats!! Do you need to pay a deposit fee for reserving your seat, and how much time do they give for you to make an accept/reject offer decision?

On 8/12/2021 at 12:08 AM, Elsebond said:

Hey there, does anyone know, maybe someone who’s interviewed or knows the school how much religion plays into daily life attending the college, specifically the PA program?

Thanks!

I would love to know these answers as well, and I would greatly appreciate if someone could answer the question for us!

For those who have interviewed, it seems that people get their acceptance pretty shortly after they interview. Has anyone interviewed but not heard back yet? Are they giving out acceptances and waiting on rejections for people that have interviewed?

And for the MMI interview, will we have the prompt in the room? I don't think this is a violation of any rules, but if it is, I am sorry and please ignore this second question if it is. 

Thanks so much!!

Edited by wannabeapac
  • Upvote 1

On 8/10/2021 at 10:52 PM, alys925 said:

Congrats!! Do you need to pay a deposit fee for reserving your seat, and how much time do they give for you to make an accept/reject offer decision?

Hi there! Although I have not received a notification of acceptance (yet?), I did interview in July and I think I can help answer this question! According to the discussion forum from the previous cycle, the deposit amount was $500 to reserve your seat, but I do not know how long this school gives you to submit your deposit to reserve your seat. I have noticed that other schools give you 2-3 weeks to submit the deposit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wannabeapac said:

For those who have interviewed, it seems that people get their acceptance pretty shortly after they interview. Has anyone interviewed but not heard back yet? Are they giving out acceptances and waiting on rejections for people that have interviewed?

And for the MMI interview, will we have the prompt in the room? I don't think this is a violation of any rules, but if it is, I am sorry and please ignore this second question if it is. 

Thanks so much!!

On the interview day, they told us that we could either hear from them shortly after the interview or we wouldn't hear from them until early September, after all of the interviews have been conducted. I have suspected and come to the conclusion that if the admissions committee is definite about your acceptance, they will go ahead and call you shortly after the interview (some got phone calls the same day, some got phone calls a couple of days later). I suspect that if the admissions committee is definite about your rejection to the program, they will go ahead and tell you. Finally, I suspect that if the admissions committee thinks you are a "maybe" or "not sure" after your interview, they will wait until all of the interviews have been conducted before they re-evaluate and make their final decision. Personally, I interviewed on July 23rd and have not yet heard back from the school, but I am patiently waiting to hear back in early September after all of the interviews occur, like they mentioned. 

As for the MMI question, I do not want to be specific with my answer. Just know that they explain their MMI process very thoroughly on the day of interview. Also, their MMI process is so well organized and thought out that it made me relaxed and less nervous . 

• Like 3