University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (UMHB) 2021-2022 Cycle

@lindsey311 congrats on the interview! i can give you a run down on what my interview day looked like. We split into two groups of 8. One group went on a walking tour of campus and relevant facilities, while the other group interviewed. Once completed, the groups switched places. As far as preparing for MMI, I would say to be yourself and don't try to rush through your explanations. I familiarized myself with the purpose of the different types of MMI questions/prompts, but really I just knew to expect the unexpected, in a sense. We were allowed to have a pen and paper to jot down thoughts as we planned our answers. I found that to be super helpful. Other pointers...keep that walking tour in mind when selecting shoes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toributler said:

@lindsey311 congrats on the interview! i can give you a run down on what my interview day looked like. We split into two groups of 8. One group went on a walking tour of campus and relevant facilities, while the other group interviewed. Once completed, the groups switched places. As far as preparing for MMI, I would say to be yourself and don't try to rush through your explanations. I familiarized myself with the purpose of the different types of MMI questions/prompts, but really I just knew to expect the unexpected, in a sense. We were allowed to have a pen and paper to jot down thoughts as we planned our answers. I found that to be super helpful. Other pointers...keep that walking tour in mind when selecting shoes. 

Thanks so much, this was super helpful!!

So I am aware that UMHB is a private Christian school. I am also aware that undergraduate students are actually required to go to chapel.

I’m wondering how it will be for PA students…I’m not Christian. I’m open minded and don’t mind learning in a Christian environment. But it makes me worried that I’ll have trouble fitting in if I get accepted and ending up going to this school. I just don’t know what these schools are like!

any thoughts or advice?

Edited by Goldhashbrown

1 hour ago, Toributler said:

@Goldhashbrown I am not sure that what I have is advice, but what i want to say is that you would be an asset to a program like UMHB. you would bring in a different, diverse perspective representative of what PAs will encounter out in the real world.  I don't think you would have trouble fitting in at all. 😃

Thank you! That’s so sweet!!

• Like 1