Submitted caspa application 6/1. Under admissions review 7/10 and under faculty review 7/15! 
I am curious if anyone has started to hear back about interviews or if someone has gone through the cycle before and has a better understanding of the timeline?

Hi everyone, first time applicant here! I submitted CASPA on May 31, verified on June 2nd. I took the CASPer on June 17. On June 28, I received an email stating my application was complete and it is under admissions review. Then, on July 2nd, I received an email stating my application was now under faculty review. Patiently waiting for an interview invite. 🤞🏻

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 7:33 PM, Katyw said:

Submitted caspa application 6/1. Under admissions review 7/10 and under faculty review 7/15! 
I am curious if anyone has started to hear back about interviews or if someone has gone through the cycle before and has a better understanding of the timeline?

According to last years forum, interview invites were sent out around September with the first round of interviews beginning in October. However, someone in last years forum stated that their process was delayed due to COVID and then trying to figure out how they would do their MMI style via zoom. 

On 7/16/2021 at 7:33 PM, Katyw said:

Hi, current UTHSCSA PA student here who started back in May. Obviously my interview process was different since I interviewed during covid, however, UTHSCSA usually does 6-7 interviews (6 for SA, 1 for the Laredo program). Interviews were October to January last year and I expect that it will be somewhat similar this year. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 12:14 PM, PaPlez said:

Yes, but from previous years, invites are sent out late aug/sept for interviews oct-Jan

I am a current student in the program. The invite dates that you are specifying are not true. I received my invitation on 01/12/2021 for my interview on 1/25/2021. This was the case for many others as well whom I interviewed with. 

Edited by rbc338
misspelling

53 minutes ago, rbc338 said:

I am a current student in the program. The invite dates that you are specifying are not true. I received my invitation on 01/12/2021 for my interview on 1/25/2021. This was the case for many others as well whom I interviewed with. 

I meant that they start sending out the invites late aug/early sept (in looking at the last 3 years of posts) and on their website they said interviews are typically oct-Jan however in 2019 and 2018 they were held in September as well

1 hour ago, PaPlez said:

I meant that they start sending out the invites late aug/early sept (in looking at the last 3 years of posts) and on their website they said interviews are typically oct-Jan however in 2019 and 2018 they were held in September as well

Yes, you're right the interviews are conducted oct-jan. when they decide to send the invites is anyone's guess.

Hi first time applicant here! I submitted my caspa app and supplimental weeks ago and never got an email from them like other programs. Did anyone get an email from them or do they only email after the Casper test has been completed just want to make sure I'm not missing something else.

3 minutes ago, Tmasbama said:

Hi first time applicant here! I submitted my caspa app and supplimental weeks ago and never got an email from them like other programs. Did anyone get an email from them or do they only email after the Casper test has been completed just want to make sure I'm not missing something else.

I got a few emails from them. The latest saying my app was under faculty review! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 10:44 AM, djkaled said:

Hi, current UTHSCSA PA student here who started back in May. Obviously my interview process was different since I interviewed during covid, however, UTHSCSA usually does 6-7 interviews (6 for SA, 1 for the Laredo program). Interviews were October to January last year and I expect that it will be somewhat similar this year. Hope this helps!

Wow, why are there so many interviews?

• 2 weeks later...

Major: Biomedical Engineering

sGPA: 3.93

cGPA: 3.97

BCP GPA: 3.89

GRE: 321

PCE: 1060 hours as an ED tech

LORs: 1 PA, 1 FNP, 1 from an Army Colonel (I was in the Army ROTC program at my University)

Shadowing: 80 hours with a PA in an ENT outpatient clinic (this PA is my LOR writer) 

Research: 1000 hours in a stem-cell research lab

Volunteer: 400 hours

Feel free to DM me with any other questions!