16 hours ago, ChristyPrePA said:

I got an email today saying that my application is now under review by the admissions committee (rather than the faculty). About how long between getting that notification does it take to hear about a possible interview invite? 🙇🏽‍♀️

That’s a great question, I received the admissions committee email first, then maybe 5 mins later they sent another that said faculty review 🤷🏽‍♀️

On 9/17/2021 at 3:14 PM, ChristyPrePA said:

I got an email today saying that my application is now under review by the admissions committee (rather than the faculty). About how long between getting that notification does it take to hear about a possible interview invite? 🙇🏽‍♀️

I received the admissions review email on 7/23/21 and then the faculty review email on 7/26/21. I have not received any further updates. This may be a silly question, but do all programs email rejection letters? I am wondering if this is the case for me or maybe (hopefully) I am just in a later interview group. 

1 hour ago, mgarrison said:

I received the admissions review email on 7/23/21 and then the faculty review email on 7/26/21. I have not received any further updates. This may be a silly question, but do all programs email rejection letters? I am wondering if this is the case for me or maybe (hopefully) I am just in a later interview group. 

I interviewed with UT Health until January and now I’m a current student :D. Don’t lose hope!

• Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 3:14 PM, ChristyPrePA said:

For me I received the under admissions review email on 9/8 and then exactly one week later on 9/15 received the under faculty review email which ends with "If you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email invitation.  We appreciate your patience as the faculty admissions committee reviews applications." Based on the responses here it seems pretty variable person to person

Hi! I am a current UTHSCSA student and just wanted to say good luck to everyone! I am happy to answer questions and provide any advice that I can! Right now, I would just recommend taking a deep breath and trying to be patient! I was definitely anxious when I hadn't heard back from most of my places at the end of October last year, but I didn't hear back from several of my schools until November. Several schools interview as late as January I think and acceptances can come even later. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, studyingislife said:

Hi! I am a current UTHSCSA student and just wanted to say good luck to everyone! I am happy to answer questions and provide any advice that I can! Right now, I would just recommend taking a deep breath and trying to be patient! I was definitely anxious when I hadn't heard back from most of my places at the end of October last year, but I didn't hear back from several of my schools until November. Several schools interview as late as January I think and acceptances can come even later. 

Last year they had 2 interviews in October, 1 in November, 1 in December and another in January.  This year I’ve only seen 1 date (sept 20). Any insight as to when they will have more?

4 hours ago, PaPlez said:

Last year they had 2 interviews in October, 1 in November, 1 in December and another in January.  This year I’ve only seen 1 date (sept 20). Any insight as to when they will have more?

They'll probably have a similar number of interviews. They got started a little earlier this year (COVID threw things off last year and caused delays) so they'll probably finish a little earlier too. But that's just my best guess. 

• Like 1