11 hours ago, danii97 said:

Hey everyone! I wanted to get a start on this thread. Has anyone taken the casper? I was hesitant to apply here because they require both that and the GRE. I'd love to hear how it went. Good luck to all who are applying this cycle! 😁

Hi! I took the CASPER exam last week. It was my second time taking it so I was used to the format and process already. If you have specific questions about it, I can answer them! 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/2/2021 at 10:15 PM, danii97 said:

Hey everyone! I wanted to get a start on this thread. Has anyone taken the casper? I was hesitant to apply here because they require both that and the GRE. I'd love to hear how it went. Good luck to all who are applying this cycle! 😁

Hey! I take the CASPer in about a week and a half. 

Good luck to you too!

• 2 weeks later...

Just Applied (5/22/21)

Applicant Profile

Personal Profile:

Sex: Male

State of Residence: MS (underserved/rural county)

Academic:

cGPA: 3.50

sGPA: 3.56

Post-bac cGPA (57 credit hours): 3.66

Post-bac sGPA (46 credit hours): 3.73

***Post-bac performed working full-time, and my wife and I had our baby at the beginning of it all.

Supporting Info:

PCE: ~1,500hrs (ER tech)

HCE: ~4,500hrs (patient transport)

Other relevant work experience: 2 years as a personal trainer

LOR’s: 5 total (1 PA, 1 physician mentor, 3 professors)

Shadowing: 60hrs PA (cardiology, psychiatry), 100+hrs physician (family medicine, internal medicine, pediatric, orthopedic, ER)

Volunteer: ~200hrs (online crisis counselor)

Leadership: 200hrs (president of American Medical Student Association, local chapter)

Research: 150hrs (community-based research and outreach)

Teaching Experience: ~50-60hrs (tutor for a semester)

I will keep this updated with any notices of verification, interview, acceptances, etc. 

Good luck to everyone!

On 5/3/2021 at 8:58 AM, shari said:

Hi! I took the CASPER exam last week. It was my second time taking it so I was used to the format and process already. If you have specific questions about it, I can answer them! 🙂 

Okay. I was wondering if we had to retake the CASPer test if we took it last cycle. I emailed the program, and they have not gotten back to me yet. Do you know if we have to retake it?

On 5/24/2021 at 8:21 AM, Destinee said:

Okay. I was wondering if we had to retake the CASPer test if we took it last cycle. I emailed the program, and they have not gotten back to me yet. Do you know if we have to retake it?

Yes you have to retake it every cycle you apply!

Hi!  Wishing everyone the best of luck during this application cycle.  I am a re-applicant & very hopeful for this cycle!  CASPA app was submitted on 5/11, verified on 5/12. CASPer completed on 5/4.

Education: Bachelor’s in Holistic Health & Wellness, with a Psychology minor

Patient Care: 9,432 hours (as a clinical trials coordinator, phlebotomist, PT tech)

Healthcare: 3,680 hours

Volunteer/Shadowing: 781 hours (gynecological oncology, pediatric oncology, integrative medicine)

Teaching: 315 hours

• 2 weeks later...