Does anyone know where to pay the supplemental fee? I can't find any mention of it on their website, but on CASPA, they indicate there is a fee that must be paid in order to be considered complete.

Also, they stress on the prerequisite page that only one course can be matched to each prereq. At my school microbiology was separated into two separate courses, the lecture and lab. Can I match both to the prereq? 

4 hours ago, sabella57 said:

Does anyone know where to pay the supplemental fee? I can't find any mention of it on their website, but on CASPA, they indicate there is a fee that must be paid in order to be considered complete.

Also, they stress on the prerequisite page that only one course can be matched to each prereq. At my school microbiology was separated into two separate courses, the lecture and lab. Can I match both to the prereq? 

Could you possibly be thinking about Western Michigan University? This post is for Western U in California. 

6 hours ago, TinaRocketfish said:

Could you possibly be thinking about Western Michigan University? This post is for Western U in California. 

I am aware. MyPABox indicates there is a supplemental fee for WesternU in Cali. I guess the better question would be whether a supplemental fee exists this year? 

On 5/2/2021 at 6:31 AM, sabella57 said:

I am aware. MyPABox indicates there is a supplemental fee for WesternU in Cali. I guess the better question would be whether a supplemental fee exists this year? 

I wouldn’t trust MyPABox, it’s pretty unreliable and outdated. WesternU did not have a supplemental fee last year, I don’t think they would bring it back after getting rid of it 

On 5/1/2021 at 6:39 PM, sabella57 said:

Hi!! I don't believe there is a supplemental fee, as there wasn't one last cycle. Also, my microbiology class was separated into two as well: lecture and lab. On CASPA you can select both for the one prereq and they will both show up under the requirement 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys! so I'm working on my application and I thought I had all the prereqs met but now I'm not so sure. Hoping someone can offer some clarity because no one's responding to my emails LOL. 

1. I did take an english comp course but because I came into college with some many IB credits, 5 of my credits counted towards UW English 193, it's just listed under my transfer credits. Can I use this as my other College English course? I also took 2 other writing intensive courses, can I put one of those down to count? Not sure what to do. 

2. I didn't take a sociology class but I did take anthropology which is supposed to count for that credit. However, it was technically named anthropology of food. Would this count towards that credit?

3. For humanities I took music, italian, and a forests and societies course that does examine culture. However, I'm worried that they won't count the forest and societies course for some reason. Do I keep it or do I put an IB transfer credit of visual, literary, and performing arts that counted in my transcript at the beginning of college? 

I really want to apply here but if it doesn't work out I'd rather just figure that out sooner than later haha. Thanks guys for any advice you can offer!! 🙂

8 hours ago, mari09 said:

hi guys! so I'm working on my application and I thought I had all the prereqs met but now I'm not so sure. Hoping someone can offer some clarity because no one's responding to my emails LOL. 

1. I did take an english comp course but because I came into college with some many IB credits, 5 of my credits counted towards UW English 193, it's just listed under my transfer credits. Can I use this as my other College English course? I also took 2 other writing intensive courses, can I put one of those down to count? Not sure what to do. 

2. I didn't take a sociology class but I did take anthropology which is supposed to count for that credit. However, it was technically named anthropology of food. Would this count towards that credit?

3. For humanities I took music, italian, and a forests and societies course that does examine culture. However, I'm worried that they won't count the forest and societies course for some reason. Do I keep it or do I put an IB transfer credit of visual, literary, and performing arts that counted in my transcript at the beginning of college? 

I really want to apply here but if it doesn't work out I'd rather just figure that out sooner than later haha. Thanks guys for any advice you can offer!! 🙂

Western has a really good pre-requisite database that can tell you if the classes you took at your school satisfy their requirements. I’ll link it here!

https://webapp.westernu.edu/prerequisite/view_college_main/?DEPT_NAME=PA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience as me. I emailed my undergraduate academic counselor 6 months ago about the statistic prerequisite that many schools have. She told me that if a school doesn't take AP score as a prerequisite then I can connect my counselor to the admission office about it. Now several months later, after I submitted my application last month, I got an email from Western about the statistics prerequisite. Now I am panicking a little because I had so much time to take the course during the summer but I sort of got baited by my counselor. I know that this school doesn't accept AP scores but it also states that I can provide the admission with more materials/information if there are any issues. Did anyone have a similar experience? If so, can your counselor fight for your admission? Thanks!

Hi everyone!

Can someone please confirm that the only question they have to answer for the "Questions" part of the application is "Have you repeated any coursework?" 

I remember last cycle there was also a question asking if you're a re-applicant but I don't see that question this time around. I just want to make sure my app isn't frozen. 

Also, does a "W" count as a repeated course? 

Thank you :)!

On 7/1/2021 at 1:53 PM, TonyNotPhony said:

Hello,

Just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience as me. I emailed my undergraduate academic counselor 6 months ago about the statistic prerequisite that many schools have. She told me that if a school doesn't take AP score as a prerequisite then I can connect my counselor to the admission office about it. Now several months later, after I submitted my application last month, I got an email from Western about the statistics prerequisite. Now I am panicking a little because I had so much time to take the course during the summer but I sort of got baited by my counselor. I know that this school doesn't accept AP scores but it also states that I can provide the admission with more materials/information if there are any issues. Did anyone have a similar experience? If so, can your counselor fight for your admission? Thanks!

Hi! I had a similar issue, but with AP chem. I could not register for the 1st general chemistry class at my university because my AP credit fulfilled the requirement. I ended up having to take it at a community college during the summer. Unfortunately, Western is very strict about the AP credit rule. 

Does anyone else have this same problem? I received email notification that my app for WesternU is incomplete. However, the only items missing are transcripts from classes I'm taking this summer and fall. They aren't even prerequisites for this specific program, but I'm concerned my app won't move forward in the review process. I contacted admissions almost two weeks ago and have yet to receive a response. I'm wondering if anyone else is facing the same issue.

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2021 at 11:03 AM, bobafiend said:

Does anyone else have this same problem? I received email notification that my app for WesternU is incomplete. However, the only items missing are transcripts from classes I'm taking this summer and fall. They aren't even prerequisites for this specific program, but I'm concerned my app won't move forward in the review process. I contacted admissions almost two weeks ago and have yet to receive a response. I'm wondering if anyone else is facing the same issue.

Yes!! I got the SAME email. I called and email as well and NO reply. I think I’m just going to send the pending transcript showing that I am taking the course? I am not sure what to do at this point. What did your email say? Mine said update course on CASPA and missing transcript. 

2 minutes ago, JT123 said:

Yes!! I got the SAME email. I called and email as well and NO reply. I think I’m just going to send the pending transcript showing that I am taking the course? I am not sure what to do at this point. What did your email say? Mine said update course on CASPA and missing transcript. 

I emailed as well maybe a month ago and still no reply. I brought it up to an admissions person today at the PA Virtual Fair, and she said that summer 2021 transcripts are mandatory even if the class isn’t a prerequisite for WesternU. They need to factor it into your overall GPA. I wouldn’t submit proof of taking the course since there is no grade. So make sure to submit the final summer transcript to CASPA as an update once your summer class is over otherwise they will delay the review of your application! 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...