Favorite Organ System of the Body

Hello, everyone,

I know this is a time where we are all anxiously waiting to hear back from schools about interview invites, acceptances after interviews, and rejections. I thought I'd come on here and bring up a topic that would be fun to talk about with fellow aspiring pre-PAs and take our minds of things for a second!

If you are wanting to pursue this career, I am assuming you have some interest in the health sciences!! With that being said, what is your absolute  favorite  body system/organ system to study? And why? Is it the cardiovascular system or lymphatic system? Maybe you just love the physiology of the kidneys, so the excretory  system is your favorite!! Or, maybe you have an interest in nutrition and find how food affects the digest system to be a fascinating topic! (Prebiotics and probiotics anyone? haha) How about hormones?? Endocrine system, anyone?? 🙂

I am excited to hear what you say!!((:

• Like 1

Pulmonary/Respiratory! 

I enjoyed learning ABGs in nursing school. Love assisting with intubations, love seeing that respiratory distress patient come in clinging to life and watching how a lil bipap, solumedrol and magnesium drip fixes them... and when the ABG comes back showing no improvement.... I love keeping them sedated with a RASS of -5 lol. 

Edited by Diggy
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Diggy said:

Pulmonary/Respiratory! 

I enjoyed learning ABGs in nursing school. Love assisting with intubations, love seeing that respiratory distress patient come in clinging to life and watching how a lil bipap, solumedrol and magnesium drip fixes them... and when the ABG comes back showing no improvement.... I love keeping them sedated with a RASS of -5 lol. 

-5 is the only RASS score 😂

• Upvote 1

I think all organ systems are fascinating but the one that's most intriguing (so far) is the Nervous System.  All of the neurons/nerves, the organs they innervate, afferent/efferent pathways, etc.  It's amazing how the system works together in order for us to function and experience the world.  This system also works in conjunction with all other organs. The human body is extremely resilient.  

• Like 1