Applying in 2012?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I received an email from them on 7/16 stating my application was "received" and another one on 8/3 stating my application " is under review by the School of Health Professions Admission Office" is this what you guys got before receiving interview invitations?? ....also I JUST moved to Virginia and I was wondering If anybody knows if I will be considered an out of state student , I have heard Maryland, Virginia and DC are under the same jurisdiction or something like that.....any help would be greatly appreciated!

I got the "we received your app" email on 7/24... Congrats to all who have interviews this week!! You will be great, just be yourself and show them why you deserve it :). I'm hopefully still waiting for an interview. I have family in Maryland and live in CO so we will see :-/ but I have a cGPA 3.1 sGPA 3.34 prereqGPA 4.0 and 5000 hours as an EMT so hopefully I get a chance even though I live out of state!

Hey guys,

This is my second year applying to Towson. I'm out of state, California Baby :) Stats are: 3.6 GPA cummulative, 3.51 GPA Science, 3000 hands on patient care working for a Cardiologist, 450 PA shadowing. My LORs include, MD, PA, and RN. I submitted to CASPA July 26 and received email from Towson on Aug 8th. Currently my app is under review. Last year I got a denial right off the bat...but I still haven't heard anything, so I'm feeling good about it this year. Good luck everyone!

What part of Cali? I'm from there. Live in Colorado now tho. I just got the Same email aug 8th saying we got your app it's under review. I sent mine in July 20th so I may have waited to long. I decided late to add this school to the list. You have great shadow hours tho, holy cow :). Don't see why you wouldn't get an interview

Hi Lindsay27 I'm sure they'll call you this time!! Your stats look good. I submitted my CASPA on July 25th and I got the "we received your CASPA app" email on 8/3 but haven't heard anything else. I'm not sure if this is good or bad at this point .... 3.56 cum GPA; 3.3 sci GPA, 3.45 graduate GPA - I have an MPH and 9,000 hours of patient care experience as a Physical Therapy Aid (1,000 hrs) and Registered Polysomnographic Tech (Sleep Tech - 8,000 hrs). Work with a PA as well as shadowed her. This process is stressful - I check my email constantly!!!!!

What part of Cali? I'm from there. Live in Colorado now tho. I just got the Same email aug 8th saying we got your app it's under review. I sent mine in July 20th so I may have waited to long. I decided late to add this school to the list. You have great shadow hours tho, holy cow :). Don't see why you wouldn't get an interview

This is the email I got "Your application to the Towson University • CCBC PA Program has been received by the School of Health Professions Admissions Office. All further communication will occur by email" Is this the same one or did they send you a different one?

I heard the PA students are out on 2 week break between Summer and Fall, so admin might be taking a vacation too!

I was at CCBC in the PA building most of the day yesterday for the paramedic practical exam, and it was deserted!

Oh, and BTW I'm from California too! I'm actually going there for 2 weeks on Sunday.

Thats the same one I received! it said "The Towson University • CCBC Physician Assistant Program has received your application file from CASPA and it is under review by the School of Health Professions Admission Office.Be sure to forward any new transcripts showing grades for outstanding coursework to both CASPA and to:

SHP Admissions Office - PA Program

CCBC, Essex, J101

7201 Rossville Boulevard

Baltimore, Maryland 21237

Be aware that if you are offered an interview, you will be asked to provide another set of official transcripts as part of the supplemental application packet."

So now I wait!

I'm from SoCal, San Diego (native). The PA I shadowed graduated from this program and spoke highly of it. This is actually my third year applying to PA schools (2nd year to Towson), but when you know something is meant for you then you can't help but fight hard for it. I don't know the "special secret" to getting in, but I've tried to make myself a better candidate every year. Good luck to every one, and lets keep each other posted. The waiting game is a looooonnnng one, believe me. ha.

iheartkeytars, nothing yet for me. How did you know about the transcripts? Did you call and ask?

Yes, I called the graduate admissions office just to make sure everything had gotten there and they told me one was missing. So I called the school in question and they told me they had mailed it to Towson on 8/13, even though I sent in my request back in July. Oh well , what can you do...

My stuff was taking forever to get through their admissions process as well...my undergrad said they sent it Aug. 1st, Towson said they didn't get it until yesterday! But, finally, all my stuff is accounted for and I'm looking forward to the phone call to set up an interview!

Archived