Applying in 2012?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All:

Just wanted to chime in. I was part of the 2nd wave of interviews earlier this week. They said they filled some spots from the 1st wave and would also likely have at least one more round of interviews in Sept/Oct. They also mentioned that last year they actually took 39 applicants out of the 75 interviewees--so slightly better odds than I had thought. Good luck everyone!

Anyone else get an email from Towson University with subject "A Welcome Gift from Towson University"?

Not sure what this means if anything, since the message was really about getting a $10 off textbooks if you do a survey.

"As part of welcoming you to Towson University we would like to offer you a $10 credit at the University Store, your source for textbooks and merchandise including insignia clothing..."

Hello Everyone!

First of all I want to congratulate to all those of you who got accepted!! That's great news!!

I am just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how long does it take before the call you for the interview once you complete the "intent form"

I received the email for interview on 8/24/2012 (Friday) and submitted my "intent form" on 8/27/2010 (Monday). I still haven't received a call for my interview. I am getting really nervous. If someone can give me insight on the turnaround time I will greatly appreciate it!!

Thank you

Hi runita -- I actually ran into some computer problems when I tried to submit my intent form online, so I emailed Shirley Shaw to straighten it out and she called me the same day. If you still don't get a call on Monday, I would recommend either calling or emailing Mrs. Shaw -- she's really helpful. Things may be a teeny bit crazy in the office at the moment since they sent out some acceptance notifications a few days ago, but it definitely can't hurt to contact her, especially since it's been almost a week.

Good luck! :)

Katie

Hey Katie,

Thank you so much for your advise/input. I contacted Ms. Shaw and she informed me that they have not yet set-up the next interview date and will probably not be until mid to late October. I am so nervous!!!! Do you have any tips on how to prepare for the interview. How is the interview process? What kind of essay/writing questions do they have, if any? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Nikita

Yes, I did that. But I would keep checking with Towson that they received your transcripts after about 2 weeks after you send them. I had some trouble with one of my schools getting mine to the grad office.

can I send in the letter of intent before they receive my transcripts? (even though I know they said to wait until its in...transcripts take forever to get to schools!)

congrats ssarnold and iheartkeytars!!! would you mind sharing your stats?

Undergrad Degree: BFA in Photography

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.6

Science Undergrad. GPA: 4.0

Pre-Req GPA: 3.8

Direct Patient Care : 3624 hours (Phlebotomist & Clinic Research Coordinator)

PA Shadowing: 74 hours (3 diff specialties)

2nd time applying to Maryland schools

Schools applied: 4 (2 out of state)

Interviews: 1 (still early but I'll post if I hear more)

does anyone know what the chances of getting in if they just sent you an interview invite email? According to Runita, Ms. Shaw said the next interview date won't be until mid-late October and when I looked at past threads there were people interviewing on Oct 26, but I don't know if any of them got accepted. Does anyone have any insight to this?!?! Will there still be spots left??

Archived