Applying in 2012?

Hello, All

Just received a call for my interview. I am scheduled for 10/24/2012 at 8.00am. Anyone else scheduled for that day?

Fellows who were already accepted/interviewed this year, any insight on the process will be greatly appreciated.

Few questions I have are:

1) Do they have any group exercise?

2) What kind of essay do they ask? Is there any time limit on it?

3) Is there a group interview?

Any input will be great help!!!

Thank you

Nikita

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fellows who were already accepted/interviewed this year, any insight on the process will be greatly appreciated.

Few questions I have are:

1) Do they have any group exercise?

2) What kind of essay do they ask? Is there any time limit on it?

3) Is there a group interview?

Any input will be great help!!!

Hey Nikita,

I'm sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner -- for some reason, this site has been down on my computer & my phone for the last two weeks! WEIRD!!

Here is some input for your interview:

1) We didn't have a group exercise, unless you count the tour.

2) BSN-PA is right -- I think the point of the essay is to make sure you can communicate clearly in written English! Do your best and don't overthink it.

3) We didn't have a group interview on our day, but think they've had one in past years (Possibly? Maybe that's only a rumor).

Make sure to show your enthusiasm and dedication to the profession. I think going into it with a sense of humor helps too. GOOD LUCK!!!

Katie :)

I would echo earlier comments. We didn't have a group exercise either. As corny as it sounds, I think it's really important to be yourself and be honest and straightforward. If you received an interview, that means they already like your background. They want to make sure the real you matches what your application said. Be ready to explain why you want to be a PA and why you want to go to their school. I was expecting all sorts of crazy questions, but there really wasn't anything unexpected. Read up on everything you can find about the program and have some questions ready. Get there early and talk to the other applicants and the staff that are there. Try to get comfortable in the setting. It probably wouldn't hurt to visit the health professions bldg at CCBC so you are comfortable with the layout/parking etc. Good luck!

does anyone know how many people they interviewed for the first two dates? thanks for the responses guys!

I'm guessing 30-60 because I was in the 3rd and last group of day one and our group had 9 or 10 folks. I could totally be wrong though, I'm not trying to freak anyone out! Good luck to you guys in Oct. All the earlier comments totally ring true. Be yourself, show that you really have a passion for the field and medicine. Ask honest questions to students and staff meaning that you have real interest in joining THEIR program and community. Don't get intimidated by other interviewees, you all obviously deserve to be there. Everyone has been hitting the books hards for pre-reqs, working their butts off for PCE, and reading every last tidbit on the internet about PAs. So show them that you can communicate well and that becoming a PA is what you really want to do. You guys got this! :smile:

Everyone pretty much said it all. The only thing I'll add is show you are a team player. Engage the students, faculty and other applicants in conversation. Don't be shy! They want to know what you can contribute to the program. I remember one of the faculty mentioning that once you are accepted you are no longer in competition with anyone else and its all about supporting one another and getting through it together.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied and towson is definately my favorite school. My application went in righ ton Sept 1st, so I"m praying I still have a chance . They seemed like the best fit for my background. teh wait is nerve wracking! I did receive the email saying they have my application and it is under review.

• 2 weeks later...

These are the questions I used to prep.

http://science.iupui.edu/sites/default/files/Physician%20Assistant%20Interview%20Questions.pdf

I would suggest not memorizing any answers, but definitely put the time and thought into each question and rehearse speaking the answers outloud. Use the time to think about who you are, your background, and why you are doing this more than anything. Once your comfortable with that you can let the conversation flow.

Good luck!

This whole time I thought it was three weeks after my interview, but now I realize that it was actually FOUR weeks after my interview day (Aug. 9th) that I heard back. I got an email on Sept. 6th telling me I had been accepted. Haha, why did I think it was three weeks? :P I kept checking my mail like a crazy person, but then I called Shirley Shaw the day BEFORE the email went out and she was like, "We'll let you know through email." She laughed when I told her I had been checking my mail. WHEW! I could have saved myself MANY nervous trips to the mailbox!

Good luck guys! How was the interview today?

Archived