Help finding a pre-requisites Masters degree or post-baccalaureate degree

Hi everyone!

So I graduated with a bachelors in biology in 2013 and since then I've unsuccessfully applied to PA school 3 times. Since then I've been working on getting more health care experience -  I worked as a medical scribe for about 2 years and now I've been working as an MA for about 6 (some of the time I was working as a scribe/MA). Life stuff happened that kept me from continuing to apply / taking more classes/ etc but I'm coming around the time where I need to stop working as an MA and actually go back to school.

Nevertheless, its been a while since I graduated and now a lot of my classes are expiring/expired (depending on programs requirements). On top of that, my degree never required I take biochemistry and a lot of the programs require that... and CASPA calculated my science GPA as 2.98 (unfortunate because I had to retake a science class, and CASPA averages those grades). 

Anyways, given the expiration date on my classes (and that I need to take biochem), and my science GPA needs a good boost, it is obvious I need to take more classes. A lot of classes... and that's expensive, and still not a guarantee I'll get into PA school. I'm looking into getting a masters degree in something else (something that might be easier to get accepted into, my undergrad GPA is good, its just my science GPA as calculated by CASPA that's bad). But I would like it to be a masters degree that would:

a) have the prerequisites I need (or at least most of them)/would look good on my application

b) could potentially stand-alone if I don't get into PA school so I can move on to finding a job that would give me more experience than being an MA (like something in clinical research, for example).

I considered getting a masters in health care administration but other than helping me find a job with a better income, I don't think health care administration is for me, nor would it help my science GPA so I can continue to apply to PA school - which is what I really want to do. I've also considered a post-baccalaureate degree but I am not sure how that would help me outside of applying to PA school and how different it would be from just taking the classes that I need. 

Any suggestions / ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Have you thought about another health care occupation, like nursing? A masters can be pretty expensive and not always equate to the kind of pay you'd expect. And it sounds like you don't really care for administration (I'm not sure what the job prospects are with that). With nursing too you could potentially go back and get your NP in the future if you still want to go that route. Best of luck to you whatever you choose!