Concordia University: Ann Arbor

15 minutes ago, Johnm54 said:

I didn’t even get an interview, could it be because of my ethnic background

No. Unfortunately, this process is incredibly competitive and everyone is highly qualified. You could be better fit for another school. It’s more likely that they felt your application didn’t align with their goals for the program. This process doesn’t always make sense and is not easy. If it was, everyone would do it. 

Edited by kkramer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi guys. I interviewed 9/15 and just got this email today. The wording of it is a little bit confusing to me because it kind of implies that I never interviewed. I was also under the impression that if we weren't accepted, we would be waitlisted. I thought I remembered them saying that during my interview, and it also says that on their website. For those of you who interviewed and also received this email today, did you find the wording to be a bit confusing? I know one other applicant who interviewed and got this email today as well and emailed them for clarification about all of this. Just curious as to what other people thought about this.

"Thank you for applying to Concordia University Ann Arbor’s PA program.  Unfortunately, I must inform you that your application will not be advancing to the next level.  The Admissions Committee consists of the Program Director, Director of Clinical Education, Graduate Admissions Counselor, and several PA educators. Every application has been carefully reviewed.  CUAA had more than 500 applications for only 32 seats.  This means that the program had to deny more than 470 applications.  This is consistent with the overwhelming response that all PA programs currently receive related to the PA profession, and does not necessarily reflect on the quality of your application.  

Our decision is final.  We cannot provide any specific information about our decision at this time.  We do wish you all the best in your endeavor to become a health care professional.  

Regards,
Concordia University Ann Arbor Physician Assistant Admissions Committee"

23 minutes ago, hverbeek said:

Hi guys. I interviewed 9/15 and just got this email today. The wording of it is a little bit confusing to me because it kind of implies that I never interviewed. I was also under the impression that if we weren't accepted, we would be waitlisted. I thought I remembered them saying that during my interview, and it also says that on their website. For those of you who interviewed and also received this email today, did you find the wording to be a bit confusing? I know one other applicant who interviewed and got this email today as well and emailed them for clarification about all of this. Just curious as to what other people thought about this.

"Thank you for applying to Concordia University Ann Arbor’s PA program.  Unfortunately, I must inform you that your application will not be advancing to the next level.  The Admissions Committee consists of the Program Director, Director of Clinical Education, Graduate Admissions Counselor, and several PA educators. Every application has been carefully reviewed.  CUAA had more than 500 applications for only 32 seats.  This means that the program had to deny more than 470 applications.  This is consistent with the overwhelming response that all PA programs currently receive related to the PA profession, and does not necessarily reflect on the quality of your application.  

Our decision is final.  We cannot provide any specific information about our decision at this time.  We do wish you all the best in your endeavor to become a health care professional.  

Regards,

I interviewed on 9/17 and also got this email today and felt the same way about the wording and how they talked about the waitlist. I would appreciate it very much if you let me know what kind of a response your friend gets from inquiring about it. 

Edited by rblmoPA

Just now, annath6 said:

I interviewed 9/17 as well and just got this email.  The wording confused me as well and I was kind of confused on how the seats were full.  If you could please let me know what your friend finds out as well.

Right, they still have more interviews coming up too so I was also confused about the "seats already being filled" 

Are they planning on only wait listing those people? Because that doesn't necessarily seem fair. Anyways, I'm super bummed but kind of comforted to hear others in the same boat. 

4 minutes ago, rblmoPA said:

Right, they still have more interviews coming up too so I was also confused about the "seats already being filled" 

Are they planning on only wait listing those people? Because that doesn't necessarily seem fair. Anyways, I'm super bummed but kind of comforted to hear others in the same boat. 

Me too! I was very upset but I'm wondering if a mass email got sent out on accident. I haven't heard of anyone else getting accepted besides the first round of people that makes me wonder as well.  

3 minutes ago, annath6 said:

Me too! I was very upset but I'm wondering if a mass email got sent out on accident. I haven't heard of anyone else getting accepted besides the first round of people that makes me wonder as well.  

I haven’t heard of any more acceptances either, which makes me wonder if their waitlist is actually a list of people they would like to accept, but they want to finish interviews first or something. But if that’s the case, why not just do non-rolling admissions? 

Guest goblue2020
3 hours ago, hverbeek said:

Regards,

I also received this email earlier today. Unfortunately, I was not even offered an interview, but like some of the others said, there are some applicants still in the process of interviewing. I was super bummed out when I got the email, given I applied the first week in August and my prerequisite coursework is well higher than a 3.5. I am a little at ease knowing I was not the only one to get this email. 

1 hour ago, AlisonFox said:

I had an interview last Thursday and it appeared to be the last interview session they were having from the period of 9/24-10/1. I’m still waiting to hear back. 

I know someone who interviewed 2 days ago so I don’t think that was the last session. Unless that begins the next session? Would that mean they’re on session 3 or 4? 

14 hours ago, Vincent21 said:

I interviewed Tues and was accepted a few days after. Pretty chill interview, nice faculty. I didn't realize they were accepting a cohort this soon so I sent in my application not long ago. Goodluck everyone waiting to interview or hear back!

We have a Fb group if you want to be added. It’s called ‘CUAA physician assistant class of 23’. Should he searchable to the public. Congrats on the acceptance! 

• Like 1

Hi again guys! Just wanted to update those of you who were confused by the wording in the email we received 10/7 after previously interviewing.

Apparently the admissions committee met recently and decided it would be in our best interest to change their approach regarding waitlisting after interviewing. It is my understanding that the admissions committee decided that they would now give all applicants a firm decision after interviewing (rejected, waitlisted, or accepted) as opposed to waitlisting everyone who wasn't accepted after their interview. The thought was to not make us wait until it was too late to apply to other programs before their deadlines.

So unfortunately it does seem that we won't be considered further for the current cycle, but we should be proud of how far we've come! I think they truly had our best interest at heart. If you have any questions regarding this or just want to chat, feel free to PM me.

To those who were accepted, congratulations! 🎉 And to everyone else, good luck! 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...