Concordia University: Ann Arbor

13 hours ago, CAPPAC said:

Are there any resources you recommend using to prepare?

Depending on how much time you have until your interview...there are a few good books I read that helped a lot. I’ll post the links to them below. These both had a ton of questions and how to answer them. Good luck!!

https://www.amazon.com/Physician-Assistant-School-Interview-Guide/dp/1732076006/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=physician+assistant+school+interview+guide&qid=1600286567&sprefix=physician+assistant+&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/How-Physician-Assistant-School-Interview/dp/1724839853/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=physician+assistant+school+interview+guide&qid=1600286567&sprefix=physician+assistant+&sr=8-4

• Like 3

Concordia University: Ann Harbor Acceptance letter recanted: anyone else get an acceptance to Concordia yet? I received an acceptance letter on Monday September 14th  and then it was recanted on Tuesday September 15th!!!!  saying that the secretary made a mistake and sent out erroneous acceptance letters!!!! this makes me soooooo sad as this was my dream school and I'm trying to see if anyone had a similar experience or can shed some light on what happened...I feel so terrible that I was told that I was accepted to PA school only to be told that I wasn't the very next day after celebrating with my family! please help 😞 

14 minutes ago, Farafish260 said:

Concordia University: Ann Harbor Acceptance letter recanted: anyone else get an acceptance to Concordia yet? I received an acceptance letter on Monday September 14th  and then it was recanted on Tuesday September 15th!!!!  saying that the secretary made a mistake and sent out erroneous acceptance letters!!!! this makes me soooooo sad as this was my dream school and I'm trying to see if anyone had a similar experience or can shed some light on what happened...I feel so terrible that I was told that I was accepted to PA school only to be told that I wasn't the very next day after celebrating with my family! please help 😞 

What?! I hadn’t heard this. I’m so deeply sorry this happened to you.  

21 minutes ago, kkramer said:

21 minutes ago, kkramer said:

Yes, they said that it was a mistake...... I feel terrible about it....I was really looking forward to attending...im heartbroken now ;( 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Farafish260 said:

My heart just broke for you!!! I can not even imagine that feeling, I am so so sorry!!!! I know it is easier said than done but try not to stress to much about it and just remember that you will be a BOMB PA someday! If it makes you feel any better I received an interview invite to another school and then the next day it got rescinded due to an error as well! Mistakes happen, try to keep your head up YOU GOT THIS! ❤️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Farafish260 said:

Yes, they said that it was a mistake...... I feel terrible about it....I was really looking forward to attending...im heartbroken now ;( 

Oh, I’m so so sorry. There is a plan for you and you’re going to make an incredible PA wherever you go.  Keep up the hard work and it will pay off! Like others said, YOU GOT THIS! ❤️

• Like 1

Guest goblue2020
2 hours ago, Farafish260 said:

I am so sorry to hear this! Make sure you keep your head up because it’s just matter of time until you become an incredible PA ❤️ 

20 hours ago, Farafish260 said:

I’m so sorry to hear this. I hate that you had to go through that rollercoaster of emotions. 😔 As hard as it is, keep your head up! You will be a great PA no matter what school you get accepted to!

On 9/16/2020 at 7:20 PM, Farafish260 said:

I'm so sorry to hear about this happening to you. I can't imagine how you must feel. Do keep your head up though! I know you'll get in somewhere and this experience will only deepen your passion to be a PA and ultimately make you a better PA! 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrePAstudent14 said:

Those who got an interview or got accepted, do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

Of course! I was accepted with the below stats: 

cGPA: 3.46

sGPA: 3.64

(Not sure what other GPA's they look at....they don't specify on their website)

HCE: >16,000 hours as Registered Respiratory Therapist in a Level 1 Trauma Center. 

Some shadowing and volunteering. 5 LOR from 2 trauma surgeons, 1 PA, 1 supervisor, and a professor. 

Edited by Jcosek
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, PrePAstudent14 said:

Those who got an interview or got accepted, do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

Hi! I was accepted and these are my stats. 
cGPA / sGPA 4.0

I have about 2,000 as an STNA and 500 as a med tech in a Children’s Blood Bank

4 LOR - Two from professors and two from Nurses 

I also had some shadowing experience and volunteer work in an ED.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2020 at 9:18 PM, alysia31 said:

I applied close to the end of July and haven't heard anything yet 😞 I am wondering if I should reach out? Congrats to those who got accepted! 

I would try to reach out. Sooner the better since they’re still doing interviews. But I applied September 1st and interviewed yesterday, so they’ve got to have some sort of feedback or reasoning. Best of luck!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPPAC said:

I would try to reach out. Sooner the better since they’re still doing interviews. But I applied September 1st and interviewed yesterday, so they’ve got to have some sort of feedback or reasoning. Best of luck!!! 

Hi CAPPAC! Did they mention when you should hear something about decisions in your interview yesterday?

7 hours ago, Alf012 said:

Hi CAPPAC! Did they mention when you should hear something about decisions in your interview yesterday?

I believe they said within the next week or two. Sounds like they interview like 10-20 people each week then choose like 5-6 people out of those each round. The rest get waitlisted.