2020-2021 Application cycle

1 hour ago, HB0121 said:

I just got my acceptance call! When did anyone get their email with next steps? Bridget said she would send it after our cal but I haven’t received it yet. 

That is so exciting! I got my acceptance call and email on 6/19. The email came right afterwards. It could have been placed in a junk folder, but mine was subjected as, "Physician Assistant Program Direct Admit Tuition Deposit Notice", and I received it shortly after the call. This email basically just tells you to pay the $500 within two weeks of the call in order to reserve your spot. They should send a welcome email with more information about a week after the call! Congratulations, hopefully we'll be classmates in January! 

• Like 5

Hey y'all I have my interview 7/17 any tips this is my first virtual zoom interview and I am nervous about the group interview (talking over others/lagging/also speaking up to get your voice across).

Also What did yall wear? I feel like i've watched their welcome videos 10 times! (Hopefully we could be future classmates)!  congrats to those who got in!

• Like 1

Hello!
I submitted my supplementary application to Bridget about two weeks ago but I never got a confirmation that she received it.
Did anyone else who submitted get a confirmation that she received the secondary app before getting an interview invite or was the interview the first you heard from them?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Jel196 said:

Hello!
I submitted my supplementary application to Bridget about two weeks ago but I never got a confirmation that she received it.
Did anyone else who submitted get a confirmation that she received the secondary app before getting an interview invite or was the interview the first you heard from them?
Thanks!

I know she is super busy but I would definitely follow up with her. I Submitted my supplemental in May, didn’t hear back for two weeks, then reached out to her. Turns out she never received it so I was glad I reached out to make sure.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I am so so excited that I received an interview invite for 8/11! Does anyone have any recommendations for interview prepping? I can’t wait for the interview but I’m also nervous for how video interviewing is going to work...

Hi everyone! I am so so excited that I received an interview invite for 8/11! Does anyone have any recommendations for interview prepping? I can’t wait for the interview but I’m also nervous for how video interviewing is going to work...

Make sure to watch their welcome video a few times to familiarize yourself with the program and the faculty members who will be interviewing you. I also read savanna Perry’s book which really helped me prepare for the panel portion! I found that practicing by recording myself on photo booth also helped. The interview process was very straightforward and less stressful than I thought :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PAKL123 said:

Anyone who has had an interview already...how did you prepare? How long did the interview last? And did they ask a lot of behavioral based questions?

I think they’re 15 min blocks mine ran over to about 23-25 mins. I watched the welcome video so many times and just prepared to show off my personality more in the interview 

• Like 1

I am interviewing Thursday! Very excited as I feel like this university would be a great fit for myself, but, SO NERVOUS. 

Watch the welcome video a few times to familiarize yourself with the faculty members who could be interviewing you and just be yourself :) good luck!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrePAJ7 said:

Watch the welcome video a few times to familiarize yourself with the faculty members who could be interviewing you and just be yourself 🙂 good luck!

Yes! I am starting round 3 of it lol.  The more I watch it, the less nervous I get because I feel like I know them better, so I will just keep on watching. 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 8:29 AM, passionate4PA said:

MY INTERVIEW IS TOMORROW! PRAY FOR ME!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAS INTERVIEWS!! and to those who are still waiting be patient you will get where you are meant to be!  for those of you rejected/wait listed it is my third year reapplying, keep your head up you only need one school!

How did it go? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, eventuallypac said:

How did it go? 

Hey!  I interviewed Friday (7/17) Thought I did really well, everyone was laughing etc.  I just received the email like a bit ago that I was placed on the wait list.  Kind of bummed because I was hoping for the best, and like I said thought I did really well.  I really like this school and the faculty but also have other interviews coming up.  Best luck to you on your interview tomorrow you will do amazing!  Wait list isn't a "no" just a not yet 😕

1 hour ago, passionate4PA said:

Hey!  I interviewed Friday (7/17) Thought I did really well, everyone was laughing etc.  I just received the email like a bit ago that I was placed on the wait list.  Kind of bummed because I was hoping for the best, and like I said thought I did really well.  I really like this school and the faculty but also have other interviews coming up.  Best luck to you on your interview tomorrow you will do amazing!  Wait list isn't a "no" just a not yet 😕

Well congratulations nonetheless!! That's still good! I am definitely feeling more terrified today lol. 

21 minutes ago, eventuallypac said:

Well congratulations nonetheless!! That's still good! I am definitely feeling more terrified today lol. 

Thanks!  I appreciate it!  My only tip is to stop preparation and just relax.  I thought the faculty in general was the most "laid back" (low pressure) of the schools I interviewed at.  I honestly think they REALLY are just trying to get to know you as a person and HAVE FUN WITH IT.

• Like 1