2020-2021 Applicants

Just got an interview for September 7th!! Super excited for the interview, kinda bummed it’s on Labor Day so I can’t be on the Lake. Anyone else thinks that’s a strange day? 

8 hours ago, EDani said:

Just got an interview for September 7th!! Super excited for the interview, kinda bummed it’s on Labor Day so I can’t be on the Lake. Anyone else thinks that’s a strange day? 

It makes sense so people aren’t busy with school/work that day. You’ll love the interview day. They tell you their decision early (like very early, I was told that I was accepted less than 24 hours after my interview.)

Hello! Thank you, @PADLM 🙂 

I absolutely loved the interview process. 
I loved how everything flowed. I believe how they have the schedule set up, it truly helps calm your nerves and helps you perform well during individual interviews.

I was pretty anxious at first because of how long the day was filled with different parts.  But, I loved it! The little breaks actually helped me reflect and prepare for each part. 

Good luck on your interview! Embrace the person you are and show them what you have to offer in their program! The faculty/staff and students are absolutely welcoming and friendly. It was easy to connect with everyone. 
Again, you got this! 🙂 

Edited by Lovepriya

On 8/20/2020 at 11:30 PM, paphil51 said:

It makes sense so people aren’t busy with school/work that day. You’ll love the interview day. They tell you their decision early (like very early, I was told that I was accepted less than 24 hours after my interview.)

Thats amazing!! Thanks for the information. I'm so nervous haha 

On 8/21/2020 at 4:16 PM, courtney1400 said:

Congrats! How long did it take to hear back after you submitted the supplemental application?

I was CASPA verified June 13th and submitted my supplemental application August 3rd 🙂

On 8/23/2020 at 7:21 PM, PADLM said:

@paphil51 @Lovepriya Congratulations! how was the interview process?/what was it like? I have my interview coming up on September 7! Fingers crossed! 🙂

They make it very comfortable. I actually got into three other programs that week and one of them happened to be my former top choice but I  will be attending Lynchburg and one of the reasons are because how much I liked the interview day and the information I got from that day. Good luck and you got this!

On 6/9/2020 at 9:42 PM, mlbosack said:

Hi everyone! Wanted to get this started for this cycle. 

Submitted 5/26

Verified 5/26

Received invitation to complete supplemental application 7/2

Returned completed supplemental 7/8

Hi guys! After Lynchburg noted they had received my supplemental, they said the review process would take about 45 days. It has been over 50 days and I am wondering if I should email and ask for an update or just be patient and wait. Any thoughts? 

I submitted mine early-mid august and I just got a supplemental today! Needless to say i'm going to be cracking it out tonight and this weekend to just get it done asap lol. 

On 8/23/2020 at 4:58 PM, Lovepriya said:

Hello! Thank you, @PADLM 🙂 

I absolutely loved the interview process. 
I loved how everything flowed. I believe how they have the schedule set up, it truly helps calm your nerves and helps you perform well during individual interviews.

I was pretty anxious at first because of how long the day was filled with different parts.  But, I loved it! The little breaks actually helped me reflect and prepare for each part. 

Good luck on your interview! Embrace the person you are and show them what you have to offer in their program! The faculty/staff and students are absolutely welcoming and friendly. It was easy to connect with everyone. 
Again, you got this! 🙂 

Are the short 6 minute interviews MMI style, or just a single question from different people? Congrats on getting accepted, that's awesome!!

• Upvote 1

About 20 of us interviewed yesterday and I’m so excited to say I WAS ACCEPTED!! I got the phone call a few hours ago and literally cried while on the phone with the program director. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting 🤞🏼

Edited by EDani

10 minutes ago, EDani said:

About 20 of us interviewed yesterday and I’m so excited to say I WAS ACCEPTED!! I got the phone call a few hours ago and literally cried while in the phone with the program director. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting 🤞🏼

It was good to meet you (I'm Elizabeth/Liz)! I was also accepted, so happy!! I was at work and called her back, and basically babbled like an idiot haha!

I was really impressed with the interview day/presentations too! Honestly I feel like I didn't know as much about the program as I thought, and I feel really sold on it - it was a great experience for anyone who is waiting to interview!!

For anyone interested or curious about this program, I've interviewed at two places so far and have communicated with schools about several additional interview invitations. Lynchburg, in every way, has been superior. I was tremendously impressed with this program and its ethos, modalities of education, and clinical approach to PA medicine. This program is making big moves that are going to propel PA students and the profession ahead in exciting ways. Good luck to everyone in the process. You've got this. 

• Like 1

I will be interviewing October 15th as well! I am wondering about the structure of the interviews because on my tentative schedule it says Individual interviews are from 10:10 am - 2:20 pm. For people who interviewed before, did you interview with multiple people for this entire time period? Was it MMI style?

12 minutes ago, srg12 said:

I will be interviewing October 15th as well! I am wondering about the structure of the interviews because on my tentative schedule it says Individual interviews are from 10:10 am - 2:20 pm. For people who interviewed before, did you interview with multiple people for this entire time period? Was it MMI style?

No, they’ll send you a really detailed schedule soon, but it’ll be a series of four six-minute interviews, with you and 2-3 staff members interviewing you. Mine were each an hour apart. Not MMI. You’ll have 1 group interview, the four individuals, then there’s a fifth 20 minute interview/question opportunity with 2 staff and you. It’s a long day but not too bad!!

Congrats to those accepted! I applied to Lynchburg with an outstanding Genetics prerequisite because it wasn't offered at my university. I received an email from them asking me to reply via email with the info of my planned Genetics course (institution, course, etc.). I sent them this info and they replied asking me to update my CASPA. 

I'm a bit confused by this response. The course is only planned, I have not completed it as it begins in January 2021. I am not aware of a place to note that in CASPA. Anyone else have this experience or know what they mean? 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Benna33 said:

Congrats to those accepted! I applied to Lynchburg with an outstanding Genetics prerequisite because it wasn't offered at my university. I received an email from them asking me to reply via email with the info of my planned Genetics course (institution, course, etc.). I sent them this info and they replied asking me to update my CASPA. 

I'm a bit confused by this response. The course is only planned, I have not completed it as it begins in January 2021. I am not aware of a place to note that in CASPA. Anyone else have this experience or know what they mean? 

Thanks 

You can have planned courses on CASPA. I had to have some this cycle as well. You just add the school/course and list it as planned. You can reach out to CASPA If your having trouble still and they usually respond quickly. Good luck!

2 hours ago, zag263 said:

How long did it take for you all to hear back after submitting your CASPA? I applied about a month ago and haven't heard anything from Lynchburg, not even confirmation that they received the CASPA. 

I applied on CASPA at the very end of June. I heard back in early August for the supplemental application.  I emailed them in between to see if they had received my app and they had but were just reviewing it. Stick it out, this school is worth it! 

• Like 1