Point Loma Nazarene University 2020-2021

6 hours ago, publichealthlover said:

Interviewed on 10/30 and just got the acceptance call today around noon. I am so excited to meet everyone. Is there an unofficial facebook group for accepted students? 

Interviewed on 10/30 as well and I got an acceptance call! Did you interview with the 9:00 am group? 

Hey there. Point Loma’s website says interviews will be conducted from Aug - Dec. From following along on here, I know there have been quite a few acceptances over the past couple of months, but has anyone received interview invites for November or December? Trying to gauge if they’re still looking for people or if they’ve already filled the class. 

Thanks!

On 10/30/2020 at 3:59 PM, mmjpa said:

That was such a fun staff to interview with. Really made a great first impression of their program. If anyone has any questions about program specifics, feel free to message me. They had a lot to say that was not found on the website! 🙂 

Can you give some insight into the type of interview they do? I got an invite this morning so I’m not sure if the following emails will address this or not. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NicoleDAspiringPA said:

I applied back on 6/29 and got verified on 7/4, but still have not heard anything back. I've seen that a lot of students have already been accepted (Congrats!), so should I just assume that I won't get an email for an interview invitation/rejection? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I can’t speak to this program specifically, but as a general rule nearly all schools send out rejections eventually, you won’t just never hear anything. It’s a courtesy. And sometimes they take quite a few months to do so until all interviews are complete, because they might want to hang on to you in the interview pool in case their top choice candidates don’t follow through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajbracken said:

I just got an acceptance call this afternoon!! I’m going to be a PA! Words can’t describe how excited and happy I am! 
I interviewed 12/11 in case anyone wanted to know. I’m wondering if there is a group chat somewhere for those who are accepted?

Congratulations!

I was in the same day interview. I hope get the good news from them. I really like their program.

4 hours ago, ajbracken said:

I just got an acceptance call this afternoon!! I’m going to be a PA! Words can’t describe how excited and happy I am! 
I interviewed 12/11 in case anyone wanted to know. I’m wondering if there is a group chat somewhere for those who are accepted?

Congratulations !! I also got an acceptance call this afternoon! Interviewed 12/11 How exciting!!  

Guest Paapp20202021
On 10/30/2020 at 6:59 PM, mmjpa said:

That was such a fun staff to interview with. Really made a great first impression of their program. If anyone has any questions about program specifics, feel free to message me. They had a lot to say that was not found on the website! 🙂 

Is it to late to apply?

14 hours ago, Paapp20202021 said:

Is it to late to apply?

In terms of chances of getting in, if you apply now, your chances are slim (probably less than 5% chance) and that's if you have an amazing gpa, GRE score, PCE hours, and extracurriculars. Programs open their submissions in June of the application cycle, and are rolling admissions most of the time. I would honestly save your money and apply early the next cycle to get a better chance. Hope that helps

Edited by NicoleDAspiringPA

Guest Paapp20202021
2 hours ago, NicoleDAspiringPA said:

In terms of chances of getting in, if you apply now, your chances are slim (probably less than 5% chance) and that's if you have an amazing gpa, GRE score, PCE hours, and extracurriculars. Programs open their submissions in June of the application cycle, and are rolling admissions most of the time. I would honestly save your money and apply early the next cycle to get a better chance. Hope that helps

Thank you lots! Very helpful

Just now, abovee said:

I received an email today from the program stating they are having another round of interviews in April which is very encouraging! Did anyone else get the same email?

Haha I was right in the middle of typing up the same question. Yes I received one too. It’s definitely encouraging they’ll have one more interview and I’m hanging on to any shred of hope I can!

• Like 1