2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

second time applying! Saint Louis resident hoping to get in this year! Applied 6/7 and received an email today stating that my application has been received. Last year I got the confirmation of my application being received on 5/21 and then got an update that it was rated and reviewed on 6/24. So the review process takes about a month for those who are curious. Last year they also had set interview dates, not sure if they will be around the same time or not yet. Last year's dates: Oct 4, Nov 15, Jan 8, Jan 31, and feb 21. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, EmilyF said:

Received an email from SLU on 5/17 stating that my application is complete and now under review, haven't received the above email or any other news since, and its been nearly 16 weeks. Anyone else who was verified in May experience this? Has anyone been offered an interview? Ty for any insight provided 🙂

I’m in the same position as you. I havnt heard anything either!!!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, EmilyF said:

Received an email from SLU on 5/17 stating that my application is complete and now under review, haven't received the above email or any other news since, and its been nearly 16 weeks. Anyone else who was verified in May experience this? Has anyone been offered an interview? Ty for any insight provided 🙂

I emailed them 3 days ago. I submitted a my application in mid July. They said my application will be reviewed after 2 weeks. From there on, it will take 4-5weeks for an interview invitation. I'm not sure if this interview timeline only applies to me specifically, or to all of us. But that's what the email stated 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EmilyF said:

I am in the same boat. I submitted May 1st and got an email saying my app was completed. I never received the one where they speak of interview dates/that your app is finished being reviewed though. I’m wondering if those who submitted in early May/June got the general email because SLU didn’t know how they were going to conduct interviews at that time. Maybe that’s why the kids who submitted later got a different email with more detailed interview dates? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lynn11 said:

I am in the same boat. I submitted May 1st and got an email saying my app was completed. I never received the one where they speak of interview dates/that your app is finished being reviewed though. I’m wondering if those who submitted in early May/June got the general email because SLU didn’t know how they were going to conduct interviews at that time. Maybe that’s why the kids who submitted later got a different email with more detailed interview dates? 

You make a good point! I guess the best way to find out is to wait and see 😅 hoping for the best all around for us all!

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, KatJaime said:

Anyone want to share how interviews went on the 2nd? Anyone hear anything for the next round on 11/6? (I've not heard anything from anywhere yet. #Anxiety ). I'll just sit here, refreshing my email and this page. 😄

I interviewed on the 2nd and had a good experience. I had 3 interviews with 3 different people. Each interview was pretty casual and more of a conversation than rapid fire questions! Love the program. I got an email yesterday offering a seat and have 2 weeks to accept or decline the offer. They said they will send out acceptance offers after each round of interviews. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, KatJaime said:

Anyone want to share how interviews went on the 2nd? Anyone hear anything for the next round on 11/6? (I've not heard anything from anywhere yet. #Anxiety ). I'll just sit here, refreshing my email and this page. 😄

I got an interview for Nov 6th today! The waiting game is definitely rough. I hope you hear lots of good things soon!! 

• Like 1